So What are your take aways from the Liberty Game?

USC was the third game and at home. By game four we got creamed by now four loss Washington. Reason, injuries against Utah, USC and Washington. Romney has played all G-5 teams and indy Liberty.

Fish: Amen bro, the MWC was carried by BYU and Utah for years. It was OK to them to go to P-5 PAC10/12. But they hated for BYU to leave the MWC for indy. Yet Boise got some of the benneys that BYU earned for the WAC and MWC.

ISU is a total wreak, the only SportsLine I could find that would even cover this game was BYU -16.5.

Iā€™ll stick with 40.

This will be the perfect game for Wilson to start and get the feel for the actual game.
Interesting thing he said this week is that because of the injury he was able to let his shoulder heel completely. And because of that he has full strength in his arm and passing.

Floyd,
I agree. " Not all G5 teams are bad".
As an example, Boise State stands out, as does Houston, Memphis, Utah State, SDS, etc.

For many years, going back to a time before we left the MWC, before TCU went to the Big 12, before Utah Utes went to the Pac 12, and before Boise State came to the MWC, I have stated that
if we could get the top 2 teams from each G5 conference, plus maybe the top 1 or 2 independents, we could probably form a new conference that just might be accepted as a new P6 conference team or replace the lowest-ranked P5 conference.

that would be a good idea, not sure how the G5 conference would feel about us cherry picking their best teams :open_mouth:

We are 7- 4.

We have a chance to be 8-4 if we bead SDS.

We have a chance to be 9-4 if we beat SDS and Hawaii.

A win in these two games are a strong possibility. I believe it to be a strong probability.

While I understand after a 49-0 shut out vs UMASS, it was a wise thing to play all the 2nd and 3rd strings for the second half.

I do think that it might have been better to at least keep the second half even with some starters instead of letting the worse team in the Nation beat us 24-7 in the second half.

Having said that, My only two game disappointments come with the loss of Toledo and the loss to USF.

We can not be ashamed of our loss to the team that has the chance of becoming the Pac 12 Champions South, if not the campions of the whole Pac 12- Utah Utes. Yes we could have done better, but we didnā€™t.

We really can not feel ashamed by losing to what was then, a highly ranked Pac 12 team. - Washington. Yes, we should have done better. But Oh Well.

We can take pride in defeating an SEC team in Tennessee, and we can take pride in defeating a then highly ranked USC and a then highly ranked Boise State. These 3 wins are significant. Too bad we had to balance that glory out with FCS Idaho State, and The worst team in the nation, and UMASS.

Floyd,

I think that I am pretty sure how those other conference would
feel.

They would probably feel much like Arizona and Arizona State bolted from the WAC to join the Pac 8/10.

They would probably feel like WAC 16 team conference felt
when we took the best 8 teams and formed the new MWC.

They would probably feel like the MWC felt when TCU bolted for the Big 12, Utah bolted for the
Pac 8/10/12 and BYU bolted to be independent.

In matters like this, it is more like how it affects the teams like Arizona, Arizona State, TCU, Utah, and BYU, and less like how it affects the conference.

In each case, be in like the Pac 12 or the Big 12 rejecting BYU membership, or be it like TCU, Utah, and BYU benefiting themselves, by bolting from the MWC, each does what is best for itself/themselves, and the rest makes it adjustments. Thatā€™s what happens in College Football.

I agree with you. No conference likes to lose key members of their conference. No team, that feels they deserves better, likes it when they are rejected. These are the cruel hard facts that happen in College Football.

I think that the new conference plan is a doable if the leaders of these teams get together and just do it. The roadmap is already laid out for us to follow as the WAC Gave way for the new MWC.

BYU bolted to try and get where Utah got. Hasnā€™t worked out so well, but they are scheduling tougher games. Canā€™t really see them getting anywhere close to a playoff berth so I donā€™t see independence as a big deal. Winning record equals a bowl game no matter where you are-independence or affiliated and like I said canā€™t really see a playoff in their future

Ron and Floyd
Again, I agree. I have thought about that idea for sometime. Something going to happen when new TV deal in 2023-25 come around

Big 12 -much better league for BYU

Nebraska is already in the Big 10. Do you have a link? I donā€™t see anything on ESPN.

Why did you withdraw your posts?

You know why fish withdrew that thread. It was just an oops. Neb already with B10 since July 2011

No news in P5 change

He has difficulty with being wrong. He should have just let it alone.