State of BYU Defense

BYU has so many injuries because of the crazy P-5 dominated schedule. Next year with five or six P-5 games on the football schedule BYU will be lucky to win four or five games.

That is interesting to me. I would say that over the past 40 years, anytime BYU has a good QB, they can compete and win. BUT, the importance of QB is lessened over time as offenses have converted to more athletic option QBs over the traditional pocket passers. In it’s hay day, BYU aired it out and became QB University. Now every defense can defend the passing game far better then when there were just a few throwing teams out there.

You may be right…Normally Minn would have been a BYU win. But they exploded this season and now look like a solid loss.
@Utah
@ ASU
@Minn
@BSU
@Stanford
are the road games that worry me most. With the team we have, I could see us winning 2 of 5. Win the rest at home (big if) and we have a great year. Utah will be rebuilding with a new QB and running back and just maybe BYU will not run the drop back 8 on a running team next year…hahahahahaha, who are we kidding?

It’s hard to know about some of those teams. Like us, they go through ups and downs with rebuilding challenges. We will be pretty solid in the skilled positions on offense. The line will be key. The D will have more potential if we can stay more healthy. I’m looking more at 4-3 or 5-2 after 7 games.