State of BYU Sports

No coach promotes from within when the assistant coach has a total of 3 yrs experience Scott… Duh!

Then Prove it. You seem to have the statistics available to be so definitive. Prove it.

But Floyd, give Coach Rose some slack on account of injuries to Nate Austin and Jamal Aytes. We were very weak inside and those two injuries cost us three or four losses. Most especially the NCAA loss. I also think we are moving up in terms of coaching with the addition of Quincy Lewis.
AS for football: we just gotta win. Nothing else to say. I am tired of too much talk and too little action. Not sold on Anae one bit. He’s gotta redeem himself. Bronco must take responsibility for recent failures on “D”. How do you give the “D” to a totally unproven nice guy. O.K. so that is behind us. We just gotta win. My temple shift is every Saturday. I won’t bother taping games if we keep on losing.

I should of been more clear that I was directing most of my comments against Anae and his coaching inability.

Rose last year had more injuries than I can remember in a long time. It seemed like if he sneezed someone went down last year… So yes, he gets a pass for that…

But I am hoping with Lewis tenacity for defense will help BYU next year… As well as a new conditioning coach…

Floyd,

I do have some empathy for which you speak.

Yes, we have been getting a lot of exposure which includes losing to some games that we were favored to win, i.e. Utah and Washington and yes the Miami misfortune on National TV. That’s the down side.

There is also the upside that since all of our games are on TV each week, many newcomers can be listed among those now that knows BYU has a football team, good or bad.

For the most positive exposure, which I now believe that we are working on in a positive,
(right direction manner) is that we are now programing more like a P5 conference team. We are not there yet, but one step at a time, we are getting there.

The more we act like a P5 team, program like a P5 team with at least 9 P5 teams on our schedule each season and with no FCS teams on our schedule, (Just say no to FCS teams), and the more we distance ourselves from being anything like a G5 team, the more positive exposure and the more respect we will gain.

We have improved a lot. We have not improved as much as our former WAC peers that joined the Pac 8/10, Arizona and Arizona State. We have not improved as much as our former MWC teams that left us for the
Pac 10/12 Utah and the Big 12 TCU. We have not improved as much as our little brother that use to almost always lose to us until very recently, Utah State. We have not improved as much as that WAC team that wanted into the MWC but was not good enough to let them in until we left, #22 Boise State.

Yes indeed, we have improved, but we have not kept up with the improvement of the other teams that use to be our peers, but have since left us behind.

We must decide sooner or later, and most urgently sooner, that Football is important enough to the fans, the coaches, the University and the Church, to do what it takes to make the next big step by making ourselves worthy of the next P5 opening when it comes, by programing and acting like a P5 team and coaching like a P5 team, or forming a new conference with nothing but the very best of the G5 teams which would give us a strong enough SOS to be considered a P5/P6 conference. In another posting, I have outlined the teams that could make us this new conference, and, who would not be willing to join a new conference with a P5/6
SOS ?