Taking care of the golden goose

So out of curiosity I was checking the wcc basketball schedule and apparently Gonzaga didn’t play the first Thursday of scheduled games. I guess they needed some time to rest and prepare for the conference schedule because of the busy schedule they had preseason. Likewise, 3 of their first 4 wcc games are at home, another indication of how the wcc takes care of the golden goose.

It seems like the entire schedule, much like the conference, is built around taking care of the golden goose Gonzaga Bulldogs.

I guess they deserve it as they are the only team of noteworthiness. BYU fit that bill when they first entered the league but have dropped off as one of the also rans since then. Losing to St. Mary’s by 23 kind of solidified the Cougars as just another team in the wcc.

St-Zaga all the way in the WCC.

Blah, blah, blah… Now you are really stretching to support your conspiracy. If this is your proof then there is no conspiracy…

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Now that’s really stretching them out. Better? :smile:

San Francisco played basket for basket with the geese tonite but in the end GU hit some big shots, USF missed a couple and got a couple bad no calls from the refs and that was it. It was a great effort from USF, probably the only team that comes that close to beating the golden geese, but in the end isn’t this how it always goes?

Somehow GU does enough, gets a few timely calls and it’s business as usual.