Taysom Hill named starter

Much faster than Tebow also

I thought Hill worked really well under center and the play calling was way conservative in the first half. Also holding penalties cost NO another 14 points. For his first game I give Hill a B, losing half a point for his fumble. I expect better against Denver

Did anyone mention he’s faster than Tebow? :joy:

Way faster-coach said one of the 3 fastest on the squad

I give him an -A. The play calling in the first half was really bad. The fumble was just a good defensive play as Hill was jumping. The arm will automatically raise up expoing the ball. Hill looked very comfortable in the second half.

I don’t think Hill is polarizing to any of the Saints. I don’t think a lot of people accept him as a legitimate qb in the NFL because he hasn’t thrown hardly any passes, but only his own teammates and coaches have seen him constantly in practice. A lot of press has been generated by Hill’s Swiss Army knife profile and I think this has a polarizing effect on people that don’t appreciate his skill set-even critics that are Saint’s fans are just waiting for him to screw up. Sad to not just appreciate Hill for the hard work and effort he puts in, but it was so inspiring to see him smile as he was leading the Saints to victory-he was like a kid-just having fun

I was watching how his teammates reacted to his successes and failures. They respect and like him. I don’t know if you notice during NFL games on the sidelines it looks like players click around each other based on color. Especially when they are celebrating a touchdown or great play. Whites huddle with whites and blacks huddle with blacks. But, I noticed in the NO game, Hill was almost always in a mixed group. Black players were congratulating Hill and giving him pats even with the fumble.
After the game, players in the opposite team were congratulating him. Players and coaches hold him in high regard.

I have to agree with that. Players and coaches appreciate Hill and his unselfishness and work ethics

they’re both white, that’s about it.

As for the defense, I have rarely seen a D get more and more ampped up as the game when on like the Saint’s. They were playing for pride and for the win. Brees was there cheering on all the way. The only guy I saw that WAS NOT into the win was Jamus Winston. He will not be around after this year.

Even if JW has started he wouldn’t be around next year. Just like Bridgewater. That’s probably why they went with a true blue Saint in all ways :slight_smile: A man who keeps his commitments.