The Big Dance!, Cougs are dancin

This kind of game should bump BYU to a 6 seed, at least I hope we get the bump. BYU has assets that I believe will get them to the 2nd or 3rd week of the Dance but I also believe that BYU has 2 glaring weaknesses.
Assets: We are #24 in offense and #32 in Defense. IN the past BYU always lost it’s first round because Dave Rose did not believe in Defense (ranked south of 300 most years). We are a top 25 team and should be ranked as a top 25 team.

BYU as depth, so we should never be gassed in a playoff game. and we have height.

Weaknesses: Averette’s shortness. If we run into a tall athletic guard driven team, BYU is in trouble.

Gonzaga exposed BYU’s underbelly. Freshmen. If Lohner does not look to score as well as Harward, the load lands on Barcello-averette-Harrms and to an extent Knell. All hands on deck. Look for your shots, take them! You would think that by this time of the year Freshmen would be over that deer in the headlight thing

Well, not in big championship games. They are still freshmen. But, a very good nucleus. As I mentioned in another post, that size difference began to show down the stretch. The fatigue factor was not evident with Gonzaga. They made Averette and Barcello work too hard all game long. We have a poor offense against the full court press. Too much dribbling to break the press. Bring a big up to pass to.