The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways

I may be wrong but the second targeting may result in a one or two game suspension. When he targeted he was hurt as well. Stupid.

Romney came back into the game on the next series after he was checked out on the sidelines. TOUGH KID! Good to go. I saw the hit and wondered how he could get up from that. We knew Romney was special out of HS when he was recruited by half the nation. BYU is blessed to get him but I think Romney knew he could get further along his potential NFL career by coming to BYU to be with his brother Baylor.
They kinda got the two names mixed up…Gunner should be the QB yuda yuda yuda.

Gunner spent the entire summer catching balls from his QB brother and he just looks different, chiseled would be the word that comes to mind. Tom Larimer mentioned in another thread when we chatted about just how good is BYU. He said," I look at how many Pro Prospects a team has". Wilson certainly cuts the eye test. Gunner does it for me as well…

The word is out now that Gunner has been added as a biletnikoff award candidate.
https://www.si.com/college/byu/news/byu-footballs-gunner-romney-added-to-biletnikoff-award-watch-list

He’s special and Milne isn’t too far behind him. Milne I believe is a walk-on.

All the receivers have been really good. Pau’u learned to protect the ball when you try to avoid a defender. Next time he will spin a 360 to avoid and trot into the end zone.

Tonga is out for the game with an injury. That really hurts!

An article I read said he had a non Covid related illness and couldn’t make the trip. Hopefully it is just a one game thing.

Tonga sick, not injured. Really sucks to have both of our run stoppers out in the same game. 1st Lorenzo Fauatea, now TOnga.

Our defense is showing their weaknesses. Can’t stop a good running team and suspect in coverage.

I started an in game comment thread.

Sitake better step in and call the defense or this will be a 28 point loss!

Our OL is being matched up pretty well. This is not heading in the right direction.

Too much passing.

Stupidest defense philosophy I’ve ever seen

Same with the offense. Dumb calls.

Houston qb has way too much time with the 3 rush. You have to be able to make adjustments on the fly. In the past this year, they have been able to pressure with 3-not tonight. Time to get aggressive and knock somebody on the ground. They are playing not to lose

It’s like we are just walking around out there. Little effort on the defense. Mistakes on offense as well

Yeh this game was supposed to be in Provo-a few cheap shots by Houston

Why was it 1st and 10? Shouldn’t it have been 1st and 25?

For sure. But we aren’t playing smart. Our defense isn’t so good against a good offense.

They called targeting on Harper but not on Houston which came them a first down-cheap

But they did call a personal foul on him. The ball should have been backed up. It was a deadball foul.