The Transfer's is beginning

Another interesting fact is that the star system does not necessarily translate into NFL success-just being drafted. For instance the average star rating for the NFL champion New England Patriots was 2.9, whereas the Rams was 3.2. Aaron Rogers wasn’t even rated along with Antonio Brown and Carson Wentz

Thank you for proving my points as well. Potential can’t be measured because there are too many variables involved. Just like trying to figure out who is Celestial Kingdom bound. Then, a 5 star member aposticizes.

Yeah, stars don’t really matter at all. Just ask U of Utah who have won 9 straight games versus the Cougars. BYU, 9 consecutive losses to Utah with all that highly developed, hard working, low rated talent. Just saying.

Lol-just think how excited BYU fans, including Grasshopper, would be ecstatic if BYU managed to recruit a few 5 star athletes out of high school!!! Can’t see them rejecting them for a 2or 3 star😃

That has as much to do with coaching as it does the players. Give Whittingham props, he is one of the best HC in the country, Every game is important to him, not just the rivalry. I believe he got that mentality from his father Fred.

On the other hand, Bronco never took the rivalry game serious enough (IMHO). it was just “another game”, which is fine, but not to the fans. Add to that Bronco had the same idea as what Rubicon has. That star athletes are pompous, entitled brats. Which some may be, but not all. I think the issue with Bronco was that he also never believed in helping the players get to the next level (his words, not mine). He wanted them to be good men, and get their degree, which is fine, but I also think he did a disservice to those that had talent for the next level, but never developed because Bronco did push for it.

I like Kalani approach, it is more like Edwards approach, “Get the best players you can, twerk the system to utilize the talents of those players”.

I am a bit frustrated about this year, but I really believe Kalani is heading the program in the right direction.

Another interesting fact is that players who are LDS and say they are going on a mission out of high school, will receive lower star ratings simply for the fact they are going on a mission.

Exactly! Nice post! Surprised!

It’s about coaching. It’s about personal motivation of the players. Most believe the hype and fail in the hard work. And, Floyd is right too about mission bound LDS athletes having their star rating lowered.

And I can understand why as they are accumulating rust for two years, so that’s really understandable, but when they return they will get hit with the older, more mature label, which is also true, so it’s basically a controversial thing that coaches and news media like to use to support their theories😂

I agree, Floyd, with what you said. On the pompous note, I have met athletes of various sports with no stars who are pompous, arrogant, entitled brats as well as highly heralded athletes. IU was arrogant and pompous in college and the first 4 or 5 games playing semi-pro, back in the day. And if I had any stars they were probably -2. Brattishness is to be found at all levels of sports and life.

Also, a great coach can do even more successful things if he has better talent. A great coach with less talent can only do so much.

Hopper: I doubt if you have any maturity near that of Critchlow, Wilson, or Hall.
Maturity like Bailor Romney shows a lot in winning football games. To me Critchlow and Bailor Romney’s maturity leads to wins in football. To me Wilson has lost several football games due to his immaturity, i.e., Toledo, San Diego State and Hall vs. South Florida. Wilson’s lack of maturity has cost BYU other loses too, like vs. Utah and Washington. Hall showed immaturity in his lack of ability in general vs. Bailor Roomney and Critchlow. Both Wilson and Hall have had more opportunities to play over Critchlow because the coaching staff gave them more opportunities to play than Joe.

Rub: Good points, I agree with you about Zach Wilson. To me the hard working, good student, some of them RM’s, have not had the opportunities to play as much as Wilson, to me that not only includes Bailor Romney but also Critchlow. I hope that Critchlow gets the opportunity to play somewhere else as a grad transfer and proves how much better he can play than Wilson at some other school.

Is Kalani going to make some adjustment with his coaching staff or replacement after the bowl game? Like Kalani himself going to take over DC? And put his buddy doing other area in this fb program.

I would hope so, but I am not sure Kalani sees his childhood friend is the problem with the defense.

However, as we have also pointed out, talent isn’t all they are judged on. Especially when it comes to BYU. Especially LDS mission bound athletes. Talent is also relative to the individuals situation where the talent can be objectivity judged. We seem to have coaches now that understand this and we are getting great additions.

You seem to be twisting yourself into knots trying to explain yourself. Unwind and take a deep breath. Maturity doesn’t win ballgames. Experience and talent does.

Now, for one who complains about me arguing, you are calling me names. How immature is that!

:innocent:

Don’t go for the bait. Texcougar… :open_mouth:

I didn’t attack him in any way. Yet, he went after me. You Democrats are good at this nonsense. Following Pelosi’s lead of tyranny.

:innocent:

grasshopper: " . . .Talent is also relative to the individuals situation where the talent can be objectivity judged.

Me: Head scratcher. Talent is relative to many variables.

Floyd is making huge progress!! TexCoug is in need of rehab!!