The Women show how it should be done

I want to get out of this wcc. I thought wac/mwc was bad but wcc is really bad. And those refs in the west states are terrible!

That is the WCC is a"" weak league. Thank hyou ESPN, way to cover the BYU Women’s basketball team in the NCAA game vs. Auburn.

And the next league will be just as bad. You never will be satisfied.

The league that BYU plays in has nothing to with how bad our men’s team is. The BYU women play in the same gyms. GU and St Mary’s play fine in this league. We have way bigger problems in men’s bb than the league. If we were in the Mt West we wouldnt have been on national TV nearly as much as the WCC. Recruits wouldn’t come pounding on our door if we were in another non P5 conf. The answer is to get with the hard work of recruiting and coaching the kids so that they learn skills over time.

Rose is the issue with his very poor decision making over the last 6 years. It all lands on him. I have a really good example of just how lazy Rose has been on the recruiting trail but it really doesn’t matter at this point.

I think it would help affirm the situation. While I don’t particularly like being critical of the BYU basketball program, there are definitely a lot of problems that need fixing. Recruiting is one of the biggies. I hate to beat a dead horse as well, but Luke W. is exhibit A for what is wrong with the recruiting, the players that get playing time, the development issues, etc.

Do you think Yoli has developed well without Mark Pope? I think perhaps where Rose problem with recruiting is getting kids who want to work hard. Dastrup was a complete clown his freshman year. Overweight for sure. There is a lot of competition for playing time with BYU. So work hard and don’t quit.

Luke Worthington…

Unfortunately even when you show and prove that you are the better player you don’t get that playing time. I don’t have any idea what happens in practice. I only see what happens in games. Dastrup might be one of the worst practice players ever, I don’t know. I do know that when he played in games, he was very good and a difference maker that helped the team to wins on several occasions. Luke might be a great practice player, I don’t know that either. I do know that when he played in games, he was NOT very good.

The bottom line is WINNING games. That is the whole reason they play, to win games. BYU was mediocre at winning games this season and they were blown out in several games.

Something has to change.

I think you don’t have a good memory of Dastrup in games. How was he a difference maker?

I’m not going to rehash it for the umpteenth time. Everyone else on this board knows exactly what I am talking about and honestly, so do you. I mentioned several games the previous season at the time they were played and summarized the situation at the end of the season before and after we found out that Dastrup was leaving.

I’m sorry you don’t remember.

Well, Our ladies got hammered against Standford on Stanford’s home court. BYU seemed to quit playing in the third quarter. Only Gonzales played well, especially in the second half. Chase seemed to lack her mojo tonight, she only played well in the last couple of minutes of the game. Our senior guard Alledredge was out played by her Stanford counter parts, Johnson had a very mediocre game. Actually our bigs played pretty well. But two of our three great guards did not produce enough tonight. It was a sad ending to a great team’s season. Stanford also got the benefit of many bad calls by the officials. Home court advantage was just that, home court advantage to the extreme.

I watched the 2nd half. We lost with a very poor shooting 3rd quarter. 9 points while Stanford got very hot. That’s what often happens playing at home. So, officials really didn’t matter that much.
What is positive is unlike with the men’s team, the girls play all 4 years. We have a real strong team for next year. That Gonzalez girl with the chunky cheeks is a female Jimmer. 32 points for a young woman is like 50 points for a young man in college ball. We went further than anyone thought we would.

Now you are being sexist. No need to be politically correct but dang dude… you could tone it back a little.

I am surprised that the coach even lets her play, after all she is a freshman and we all know how freshmen in the men’s program are made to sit on the bench and watch until they are ready… LOL.

Correct. Women are able to come right from high school and start playing right away if they have the talent and ability. That’s because they didn’t get fat and out of shape for two years while on their mission. They don’t lose their shot and touch. They don’t have to remember where to be on the court and how to play defense. Most of them get married before going on a mission as well. The boys mainly graduate high school and immediately get on a jet plane and head on their missions. The boys come back like Baxter and Dastrup not ready for prime time.

Nothing I wrote was sexist. Just the facts. Like always :nerd_face:

Just the facts? LOL!

How many of the girls leave for missions?

Maybe if you had written this “most of them get married INSTEAD OF SERVING missions as well” it would have made more sense.

Like I said, you should take an english language learning and comprehension class. It would help you a lot.