"Thou Almost Persuaded me to be a..."

That’s right, Craig James’s son. I had James mixed up with a different insuffereable ESPN analyst. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And now ya know the rest of the story, In my book, the polarization of BYU football in a Poly way works both ways.

1 Polys play big roles in any program, USC, Utah even Alabama.

2 How many good LDS or Christian players that are not Poly choose to look elsewhere if BYU is so polarized? That is the point.

The Conover transfer to me infers several things. A Coach who does not think forward but in the moment. Forward thinkers see a big picture and far down the road. Not playing your backup with games are out of reach is so dumb I won’t even waste words.

Leads me to this DC search. Why in the hell would you fire your existing DC before you have the new guy locked down??? Why would you not get the new DC in place BEFORE the Transfer portal opens up?
BYU coach Kalani Sitake is balancing bowl prep, recruiting, and a staff in limbo (msn.com)

I’m still not comfortable with the direction of these accusations revolving around race. Conover did get in games over the past few years. I saw no mobility whatsoever. His passing was mechanical as well. Hall is a better athlete period. He is the one that pushed Wilson, not Conover.

As far as why get rid of the DC first before having a new one? Really? Tuiaki resigned. He was aware that the fans and alumni did not want him back going into the Big 12. He isn’t deaf, dumb and blind. And, he also could see a growing dislike for Sitaki over this as well and didn’t want to be the reason for Sitaki’s departure. Pretty simple to figure out.

When I first moved up to Provo in 1977, I came from Southern California with lots of Hispanics who were and still are my friends. My girlfriend in high school was Hispanic. Soon after settling in at Wymount Terrace, I was at the grocery store where I bumped into an employee and shopper having a conversation. A Hispanic family walked by speaking Spanish. The shopper said a racial slur and the employee explained why he moved up to Provo from Los Angeles to get away from Hispanics. And that he’s upset about Hispanics, Poly’s and Viet Nam’s have polluted Provo. I gave him a piece of my mind and threatened to complain to his boss.

My contention is that the best athlete along with the hardest workers that compete play in the games. BYU has proved that 2 and 3 star high school athletes, given the right competition and time can become 4 and 5 star athletes with the right attitude, hard work in all areas regardless of the color of their skin or religion. Let’s judge people by their character including coaches. I’ve said my peace.

1 Like

well Tom, you got your wish
Sources: BYU assistant Ed Lamb expected to become next head football coach at Northern Colorado (msn.com)

The pipeline is saying Jay Hill is the DC