Thoughts from a UVA fan

I too have been following the ACC. But I am following both Virginia and Mac Brown’s North Carolina Tar Heels. Being a BYU alum I was at BYU when Virgil Carter and the first WAC Champion BYU football team won in 1965. I am looking forward to the BYU-UVA game this Saturday. I believe that U-VA will win easily with their firepower and the insistence by Kalani Sataki that Hall is his QB. I was at the Baylor game in WACO and say how pathetic BYU was against the Bears. I root for Baylor Romney to be our #1 QB. But so long as BYU insists on Hall at QB I do not believe that BYU can beat U-VA or any other first line football team outside of the PAC-12. BYU needs a consistent passer like Romney. Hall is OK as an occasional runner, but he does not produce as a consistent long distance passer like Romney.

I will be interesting to see the way this game turns out. I don’t get nearly as hyped for these games as I used to, but try and use analytics more than passion. Virginia has some weaknesses and hasn’t played particularly well on the road this year, so I’m calling this game a toss-up, with BYU coming out on top with home field advantage. I’m like you, with regards to Romney, particularly in this game where I don’t expect a whole lot of pressure from the Cavaliers. Hall adds an extra dimension when 100% healthy and throwing “downfield “ with accuracy, but I haven’t really seen that since his injury. No matter-looking forward to the game

I was told that Hall represents the current trends in QB “Mobile” and ability to make plays with his legs like Mahone in KC…
But then I started to think about this a little more. What QB’s currently playing in the NFL are considered to be the best in the league? Brady in TB and Rogers in GB.

Neither one these guys are considered to be “mobile” QB’s

I agree with you about Romney, when watching him play (although limited time) I watch how he is so fluid in his throws, how he can place the ball in a tight space or over the correct shoulder. That is not to mention also that he reads the defense really well (The thing Detmer was best at).

Not sure if we had Romney or Hall in that we could beat Virginia right now, the defense will allow Virginia offense to stay on the field the whole time with it’s valued “Drop 8” defensive scheme.

Isn’t it interesting that we are concerned about allowing other teams to be on the field too long while that is exactly what BYU can do with Hall on the field and Algiers carrying the ball 32 times as Hall throws 7 yards per throw at a 75% completion rate?
And win a lot when doing so?
Just thought I’d throw that in…

Texcoug, I was gonna fly down to go to the Baylor game with my little brother and his high school aged kids (they live in Lucas, right by Allen). But his kids had basketball and we had to drop the plan. Lucky for me because it was bad enough watching that curbstomping on TV…watching live without the ability to fast forward through the wreckage would have been torture…