Timely Article this morning

The left doesn’t live with logic. They are all about emotion in their ideology of Marxism and totalitarianism. They don’t care about collateral damage.

Right now, the left cares most about creating and prolonging chaos.

Actually the Capital was controlled by UHP and the Governor… But according to the Colonel of UHP they started talking about dispersing at 8, notified them until 9 and then around 9:30 started moving them off.

The interesting thing I thought was that the protest was pretty calm, people talking to the UHP officers and vice versa, then a group of around 1000 people showed up and all of sudden, there was graffiti and damage done. The UHP officer felt those 1000 people were actually from out of state, not Utah residents.

Can you explain this a little more? Medical Examiners give the conclusions on cause of death based on Medical Science. They are pretty good at it. So I am not sure what you mean by “Opinions”.

If you read the book of Mormon, it is pretty circular… Humble=>Pride=>War=>Repentance=> Humble

Same with this country, remember the 60’s and 70’s? I do, my parents thought people had lost their minds (well some did because of drug use).
I have been reading a lot of President Nelson talks over the last year or so. I feel like he sees the good that people are doing even in dark times. He must see something that I don’t, because he remains very positive even when things are happening that makes me question if we are not near the end.

I am confused at the logic of both sides of the political isle and frankly how people base their decisions on emotions and not logic and facts. They get sucked in by bogus information on the internet and believe it because it fits their perception of reality.

Let me throw out an idea. The protests are understandable. But why the continued violence by the Antifa leftists. My theory is the shifty Schiffs of the Democrat Gadianton Robbers Politicians are using this as a distraction from the Senate hearings on the Russia Hoax. Note that not even Fox is showing the actual hearings with Rosenstein and he’s told a bunch of whoppers today.

I posted the same question. There were two different autopsies done on the same person and both came to separate conclusions. So while they are pretty good at it they don’t always end up with the same result.

But, the charge has increase to 2nd degree murder. But, I’ll write it again, it’s all now a distraction away from the Senate hearings on the Russian hoax and Hillary email nonsense and paying for the dossier.

Drew Brees’ comments today have caused a firestorm on ESPN radio, ESPN.com, etc. Many NFL players are enraged at him. If you are white, you pretty much can’t say anything or you are in trouble.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees attracted backlash Wednesday across the sports world, including an outspoken teammate, when he reiterated his stance on how he will “never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America” during an interview with Yahoo Finance.

Was what he said that bad??? My gosh. What is this world coming to.

And Trump has spent 3.5 years making America great to the point now even Democrats at talks with the media present have flags in the background.
The fight of good against evil is alive and well.
Someone said today on a show that if people don’t love God they can’t love people. It’s true. We had a Stake President once say the cure to the problems of society is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. I’ve wondered about that statement. What in the Gospel that could unite people? If everyone embraced the true doctrine that we all once existed in heaven together as spirit brothers and sisters of our Father in Heaven, then we would truly have to see beyond the color of skin people have and beable to love one another as brothers and sisters. Just an opinion.

The question isn’t “was what he said that bad?”

There was NOTHING wrong with what he said, so it couldn’t have been “that bad”. The fact that Brees has been a class act the entire time he was in college, the NFL and in EVERY other situation should be enough for his opinion to be respected and give him the freedom to express it. Lastly, I don’t know if anyone knows what this world is coming to but we do know where it is going and it isn’t going to be pretty. As people continue to drift away from God society will continue to move in the wrong direction. History has proven this fact but for some reason nobody remembers that.

I had a lighbulb moment today when people were talking about “systemic racism” and I thought that most people probably don’t know what that even means, they just like saying it because it makes them feel smart or important or part of a group. Honestly, I am tired of the media propaganda machine that tells us how we should act and what we should think.

Grasshopper is right, the gospel of Jesus Christ is the one thing that can bring all people together. If we recognized and acknowledged that we are all spiritual brothers and sisters and that nothing in this world can change that fact, the world would be a much better place.

The thing is, I’ve had religious people laugh at the idea we are spiritual children of Father in Heaven. It’s too bad. The Bible says we can only ascend to heaven if we have come down from heaven. Not just Jehovah (Jesus Christ). Too bad. If we all would believe we are literal one family there would be less evil. It won’t go completely away until Satan is jailed for 1,000 years. But it can be a lot better.

Is it racism that caused this or was it failed policies?

I have been trying to help others see the fallacy of “Racism” with Mr. Floyd death…
Could the cop that had his knee on the neck be a racist? Absolutely! but on the other hand maybe not, maybe it had to do more with person being viewed as a scumbag (passing counterfeit money).

When I worked at the State Prison, I realized that a good majority of the guards had a very low opinion of inmates, they are taught the inmates lie, and will manipulate you if given the chance. Do not look at them as anything but scumbags.

The Lawyer for Mr. Floyd said the cop had multiple complaints for excesses force, and the majority of them coming from minorities. He failed to mention the fact that this cop was assigned to a predominately black neighborhood, so yea… those complaints were a majority from blacks,.

I feel that people are using racism as a way to sway the blacks from the real issue of inequality is really caused by the failure of the City, County and State elected officials.

Right on Floyd!!! By the way, some of the inmates are scum bags. But, I remember President Kimball going their once a year.

All inmates are people… That is why the church has a program there to help ALL people to improve and feel the love of Christ.

Working there, I noticed that regardless of what the inmate was convicted for, the guards viewed them as scumbags… I don’t necessarily agree with that view.

Excellent question and point Floyd. I agree with you and what you are trying to point out here. I think the majority of the problems are, like you say, failed policies. I have had a few encounters with law enforcement that haven’t left me feeling very good about it. Some of you may remember me talking about them here, particularly one I had at BYU while a student there. I still trust law enforcement for the most part but I do believe there needs to be some reform in the criminal justice system and am glad you mentioned prisons because that is a place that needs a lot of work in my opinion.

Good post.

Yes, totally agree, Floyd.

I know President Kimball always wanted to go to the murderers and talk with them. The Warden wouldn’t allow it because of the danger.

I think we all know people who have spent time in prison. We have a brother in our stake that used to be my tax preparer. He spent some time in prison several years ago. He’s still a friend. He also was a high councilman after he served out his probation.

I’ve known others. And some were people getting back on the right path. Others were scum. The point is everyone should be helped and given a chance to be better.

Well, for one thing, get rid of or lessen the power of the police unions. They stand in the way of sensible options like have a national information bank for all police departments of police kicked out of one department so they can’t get another police job. The unions don’t want that.
Take the Floyd case. The unions are going to sue because the officers did not have their civil rights afford to them in proper order before being fired.

From my perspective the reaction to the death of Floyd is overshadowing the actions taken by the Minneapolis police officers. There are at least a couple of things going on. Professional criminal anarchist groups, like Antifa, are doing what they do and not letting a crisis go to waste. Black Lives Matter is only slightly less suspect than Antifa. There are also those who are just criminals with no association to organized anarchists who are taking advantage of the chaos to loot businesses. It has been this way for decades and nothing has changed in my lifetime. If the citizens of this country really want harmony then they need to disavow organizations that resort to unlawful means to get out their message and they need to quit excusing people for criminal behavior.

The First Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the right to peaceful assembly. It should be assumed that when you break a law while gathering to air your grievances your constitutional right ends. Disrupting business and commerce has no legal Constitutional protection. Blocking traffic has no Constitutional protection. Groups hold assemblies and marches all the time by obtaining permits to do so, or gathering in venues where they are permitted to do so. You don’t have a legal right to spontaneously shut down business districts, block traffic, and commit other unlawful acts. This says nothing about rioting and looting which any fool should easily be able to see is unlawful and unjustified. If you want to march and demonstrate then get a permit and you can assemble in a designated part of town at a designated time and the news media will be more than happy to cover it. If people don’t care about the message they have a right to ignore it but nobody has a right to unlawfully impose their message on another citizen.

The killing of Mr. Floyd was tragic but at some point people forget about the injustice to Mr. Floyd and focus on the chaos fomented by the criminals (lets call them what they are). Innocent people have been killed in the riots. How is their death any less important than the death of George Floyd? Policemen have been killed just because they are policemen and groups like BLM are calling for the de-funding of police departments. This a major disconnect from rational thought unless you want the criminals to take over the cities. Defacing the Lincoln Memorial was an act of senseless ignorance. I wonder if the idiots who did this even know who emancipated the slaves.

Some of the criminal organizations running amok in the county are no better than modern day Gadiaton Robbers but spiritually darkened fools enable their criminal behavior. The only answer to all this is embracing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Charity as we understand it is the only solution to social ills. Hateful criminal behavior in reaction to egregious acts foments more hate, death, and destruction. We have to view the actions of the police in the Floyd matter as one evil and the unlawful reaction to it as another evil. The two may have a connection but the reaction is not justified.

The other thing that sickens me is the ridiculous reaction to the comments of Drew Brees. I am also disappointed that Brees apologized for his remarks. Maybe an explanation was warranted but not an apology for his valid feelings. I suspect Beers understood that if he wants to get along with 90% of his teammates, and continue his career, he had to retract his remarks. The problem is that apologies never seem to be enough. He should have learned this from the experience of others. Brees has had a great career and has a ton of money he should walk away from the cesspool of professional sports. The NFL and NBA don’t have room for people Brees anymore. He is all time great who has won a super bowl. He doesn’t have anything more to prove.

There is plenty more I would like to vent about but this post is overly long already. Let if suffice that when a nation turns its back on God and embraces the nonsense of secular religions the results are predictable and have been predicted ages ago.

Aro, these are strong words you are speaking. I appreciate your insights and wisdom. To succeed in a professional sport or anywhere in the entertainment industry, you need to act and talk a certain way or you will be shunned. To fit in and be accepted, you might need to profess to believe and support things you once were against.