Timpview High guard Hunter Erickson

you forgot to add “and you finish in third place”…

I have never seen a Santiago coach, but other than the place kicker in the 80’s i don’t think there was a Santiago who was a legit D1 Product in any sport. The bb player was a bench/practice player at best but was political enough to get himself a lifetime job in the athletic dept. I saw a non Scholly FB player on the U of U team who was probably related and never played a down of FB up there…

When I see Covey, Santiago or Edwards kids on BYU teams it makes me wonder why we aren’t putting politics aside and the best athletes on the field/court.

Agree with Jim wholeheartedly in the legacy families dept and I cringe to put the Santiago family in that category because they never produced a decent D1 athlete but managed to put their family members over and in a number of Y teams over the years … I could be wrong on this but I think the dad of this family worked for BYU for many years so that means that the kids all got free schooling and then they littered the athletic programs with athletes that were Junior college level at best.