UMASS, what we learned

I would love to see Virginia knock off Clemson from CFP and crossing my fingers Bama lose to Auburn.

Yeh not much chance of that but I expect Auburn to beat Alabama

Clemson probably puts a 20’pt beating on VA.

Alabama just lost to Auburn one down

Sr_Burton

“Hey Ron-nice to hear from you!”

Thank you, sir. I find that I almost always, agree with all of your postings, and I can not remember a time that I have not agreed.
I feel that we are almost always on the same page with each other.

I feel that we are each passionate
about our team being all that it can be and doing so without pointing the figure at individual players or coaches, but instead, possible at the obstacles that keep the players and/or coaches from being as good as they might be.

I feel that we have become allies, if not friends on this site.
Thank you. Ron

We are all friends. Some just have different opinions.

I, Ron, want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and holiday season especially to Sr_Burton,** [ texcoug1492 ] arkiecoug, Aro, grasshopper, dew, fish, LDSLAWYER Bob, thawk, tlarimer, Sundance, Jim Hawks, and to ----Floyd.*

I know all of you most, and if I left anyone out, I ask for your forgiveness as it was not intentional. I sometimes have Senior Moments.

I have become close in my thinking with Sr_Burton and Floyd.

Others that I have especially admired have been Aro, dew, fish, and LDSLAWYER Bob.**

fish and I sometimes bump heads, (targeting), with each other, but I always enjoy his posting, even when we challenge each other.**

I think that in recent days, weeks perhaps, the relationship between grasshopper and I have greatly improved where as we seem to be able to communicate with each other now without being less than what we should expected to be.**

I do not know as well, thalk, tearier, Sundance, Jim Hawks but I would like to.

I believe that none of us are as bad as sometimes we come across as being.

Sometimes, personally, I prefer to come across as being bad, in fear of being a hypocrite, by pretending to be good.

I certainly do not see myself as being good.

I always tell my adult children, and my grandchildren, and my great grandchildren, that I see myself as not being nearly as good as I should be, but never as bad as others sometimes perceive me as being. I like that. I am comfortable with that.

I am certain that I have offended some of you at times with my posting. My intentions were not to offend, but to stimulate you to be open to a different point of view, if indeed, it could help bring about some positive change.**

We, or many of us, I am sure, will have a different opinion as to what is, or is not, a (positive) change. That’s okay. Many different opinions are better than one. We grow from our differences.**

Good bye for the season. I hope to be with you next season.

I will soon be leaving for the Hawaii game.

Ron

Merry Christians to you too and to all a Merry Christmas. You are a good person. No need to think otherwise just because you have strong opinions. I like people with strong opinions that don’t buckle under pressure. Especially when you being honest and not lying or making up facts. Fly safely or in a boat.
Go Cougars!!!

Well written Ron and aloha. The key to most things in life is attempting to be objective about the subject you are discussing. That means taking off your blue shades and seeing things for how they really are. There was a lot of discussion about the SDSU game yesterday and I was as disappointed as most-but-Rocky has a very good defense and I don’t think he minds putting it on BYU😃so he had them ready to play. There was a lot of criticism of Wilson in this game-but-Wilson was continually harassed and pressured the entire game and having really good db’s it made it tough on him. I felt they should have probably kept him out the rest of the year and used Romney, then opened up the qb battle next year. I believe Romney could have played and the foot was an excuse to insert Zach back in the lineup. The red shirt Freshman QB basically had all day to throw because of the 8 man drop-Wilson given the same time probably picks them apart. This is on the coaches-I would say Long is probably twice as good a defensive mind as anything BYU has. Wilson has a load of talent, but he is the youngest of all our quarterbacks and needs to grow. It’s easy after a disappointing loss to call for people’s heads, but that isn’t necessarily what’s best in the long run. My two areas where I believe BYU needs to improve is defensively and getting players ready to play every game. Getting those OL players to believe they can dominate. Why did BYU lose this game? It wasn’t the fg kicker, though he was poor, it wasn’t the defense-they only gave up 13 points-it wasn’t Wilson, though he was sub-par. It was the lack of a running game, which BYU has been so dominate lately and that goes back to the OL enforcing their will on the defense. So I appreciate your posts and agree with most of what you say and appreciate even what we don’t agree on and enjoy the Hawaii game and look forward to the BYU soap opera next year. Lastly I would like to compare BYU as being a nickel trying to be a quarter-it’s really tough unless you believe you are already a quarter and act accordingly

Yes, the running game. Where was McChesney??? Sitaki acted like he didn’t know he didn’t play after running for 228 yards the game before. Why didn’t he get a chance?

Unfortunately if the offensive line doesn’t open the holes and push the defense it doesn’t matter who is running the ball

Well, it does because holes are open and there are 3 things that make a difference. Quickness hitting the hole. Strength. Balance.
Once into the hole speed and agility make good runners into great runners. Agility and vision also make a difference of changing directions or changing the hole to run through.
But I’m sure you really knew this.

Yes and Katoa has been good at all three, but no reason not to give McChesney carries also

Katoa doesn’t have his quickness, speed nor agility. And, I would also say strength as well. Nor has Katoa come close to 228 yards. Good back up for passing plays. Play the 5 star RB.