Well we have might have a new guard

LOL!!! Well, at 5’8” I got my fingers on the rim. I’m no Spud Web but was athletic.

could you delete your racist claptrap?

Only a racist would comment like that. I said nothing derogatory. You would say “he’s athletic.” Which means black. Go back to bed.

A lot of the time it isn’t so much what you say as how you say it and the words you choose. I would spend more time considering how others will perceive what you write. I have mentioned this before but to no avail. It does sound somewhat racist… we live in a different world today.

What sounds racist? Towards white people because white people can’t jump. Nothing racist since it’s fact.

scientists, geneticists and medical researchers still invoke race and use these categories in their work, even though we have been told for 70 years that they have no biological meaning, that they have only social meaning https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/disturbing-resilience-scientific-racism-180972243/
Please don’t forget the curse of Cain, Aryan superiority, and Mormon sub-humanity all had “sound” “science” behind them.

So what? If we talk about genetics, biology there are differences in the races. Only an insecure person would worry about discussing differences and being called a races. Only a jerk would bring it up. The fact is, you won’t find a white man that can jump 48” high on the court. Doesn’t mean every black man can out jump every white man. But it doesn’t have to go to racism every time we open up our mouths.

And, what sound science was anyone using talking about blacks descending from Cain? Or Hitler’s Aryan race?

The Cain thing was assuming Ham’s wife was black in which there was no clear understanding if that is true. And, Hitler’s belief came from a belief the white race came from aliens that landed 40,000 yeas ago having sex with humanoids. So, where’s the science?

The Pope machine? Oh that’s just getting started. I only have one complaint…that we single teamed Ford on the last possession.

This Georgetown Kid is a FREAK. Long shot but If he signs, It will signal that Pope has the juice to bring title to Provo and off to Kentucky he goes (after a few good years in Provo.

JCoug, The Hopper is a known Narcist. Keeps a running argument with everyone on Cougarfan. IF you DON’T respond, the tread dies and any name calling along with it.

It’s the only thing political correctness people have to attack when they are wrong. They all go towards the racist comment. There was nothing racist in the statement. It’s known fact. And if anything it would be racist towards white people. But that wouldn’t be politically correct for you. People can’t even have conversations anymore. First political correctness now masks. What’s next? Full-on muzzles?

Yes that is true. You are free to speak your mind, but I think it would benefit your perspective if you chose your words more carefully. That isn’t saying you need to shut up altogether, though I have contemplated that possibility for you many times. It is just suggesting that you use a little more tact when commenting. I don’t see that changing. So the rest of us will have to move forward recognizing that some of your comments seem racist because of how you write them.

:rofl:

The comment was not racist. It’s a fact that no white man will ever have a vertical leap of 48.” That’s not a racist statement.

It takes but a few moments on the internet to prove the statement false.

All I did was ask you to remove your racist statements.
You immediately knew which statements of yours were alleged to be racist. That should be enough of a clue to you that even you know what is what.

You tell me what statement was racist? There is none. Grow up. Stop being politically correct and have a conversation. There is no racist statement.
Now, prove white men have 48” vertical leaps.

Okay Harold, old man, here is an article on the internet that gives a picture of what I’m saying. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5260564/

I like the one statement after the conclusion in the top part. "Afro-Caribbean participants jumped 8 cm higher than the Caucasians. Together, these results confirmed that ethnicity impacted the maximal power-vertical jump relationship over three sessions. In the current context of cultural diversity, the use of vertical jump performance as a predictor of muscular power should be considered with caution when dealing with populations of different ethnic origins.
They are, of course, referring to political correctness. And, maybe person of color should not be stating this in a KKK meeting. Because, it’s racist against white people. By the way, I’m white. It’s not racist.

Watch this! Greatest player and greatest talent of all time.

Greatest of All Time
This is a BYU board.

1. Kresemir Cosic - only BYU player to be in the HoF. One of the four numbers retired from the team.
  2. Dannie Ainge - NCAA player of the year, deep NCAA run. One of the four numbers retired from the team.
  3. Mel Hutchins - 4 time NBA all star, led BYU to its only true national championship, NIT 1951. One of the four numbers retired from the team. Minson was on his team as well.
  4. John Fairchild - Led the 1966 NIT Championship team when the team chose the NIT over the NCAA.
  5. Michael Smith - led the team to its highest in season rank ever at No. 2. Jeff Chatman was on his team too.
  6. Yoeli Childs - along with Ainge and Jimmer could have led the team deep into NCAA.
  7. Jimmer - when will his number be retired?

Harold,
Grasshopper has a difficult time understanding how insensitive his racist remarks are. To be honest, I don’t think he meant to make a racist comment, but I also don’t think he understands the issue either.

I agree with Grasshopper that PC has gone amouk, people getting offended way to easily. However, what he posted was not in that group.

Not sure I would put either Michael Smith or Childs in that group…

I think Travis Hansen was great, as well as Fred Roberts and Greg Kite (both lasted a long time in the NBA).

Some on your list I have never heard of before, so I have no idea… :open_mouth: