Any bowl predictions?

Aro started this but incorrectly. So, any bowl predictions?

They lose… I mean the Desnews is already touting that they are going to be “severely shorthanded”.

BTW, did you know that Deseret News bought Cougarfan?

Is that the problem??! :rofl:
Well, BYU Basketball played a nice 1st half in basketball against Utah. See if they can keep it up.

I’m taping both games so that I can toggle between the two games during basketball timeouts. So, I may not know the basketball outcome right away.

Sol-Jay Maiava-Peters will start at quarterback… Interesting choice.

Yeah and Nacua isn’t playing. So
We have a 4th string QB starting without the team’s best receiver and probably their best player. No Nacua, no Epps, and I assume no Gunnar Romney.

BYU wins. I feel very positive today.

As long as they keep it close I’ll be fine. Defense has been okay so far.

Sauce? I hope DN will make it simple for visually impaired people like myself or
DN will make it worse like it is today on safari format

DNews bought Cougarfan? Is that true or sarcasm based on its reporting?

Anyway, great win. Prepare to hear/read quite a few bits of news and trivia over the next few days concerning Sol-Jay. One of the commentators on tonight’s broadcast even proclaimed him, “The next great BYU quarterback.”

I joined the hype train. Dual threat quarterback with speed. Steve Young comes to mind. Remember that Steve was 7th string quarterback when he first came to the Y. He often tells the story that the first snap he took his freshman year at practice he fell on his but on his dropback. Sol-Jay’s numbers today aren’t going to inspire any quarterback confidence–7/12 for 47 yards and an interception–but if he has Steve’s work ethic, who knows what will happen.

Below is a link to an interview Sol-Jay did soon after committing to BYU. I have a church-related question for those who know Church policies and procedures better than I. In his interview, Sol-Jay mentions that the spiritual aspect has a lot to do with his coming to BYU. He says he wants to be sealed to his parents when he is 21. My questions: Why not earlier? What Church policy prevents a sealing prior to age 21?

Really, You are famous then. hahaha

I predict we win by one

Sitake finally outcoached another coach. They now call it Miracle bowl II

He’s going to have competition if his passing doesn’t improve. He can run but did you noticed he was injured at the end. Maybe an ankle. He might not be ready for next year. :rofl:

I didn’t hold out much hope with all the top players who were missing. BYU had the right game plan and executed it very well. They played ball control and aggressive defense and it worked.

I am very happy i was wrong about this game.

You could see the change already with Hill being around. Players staying in their lanes. Especially with the 2 point conversion attempt. There was still some slow reactions and bad angles on tackles. But, a vast improvement without the quitters. Same on offense without the quitters.

In Praise of BYU’s CougarBoard commiserators - Deseret News

Part of what makes CougarBoard stand apart from today’s internet fan culture, like that on Rivals, is that it subsists as an independently operated message board rather than a subforum on another larger platform. Deseret News owns COUGARFAN, which aggregates news about BYU and its fandom and hosts a forum.

CougarBoard is not Cougarfan. unless I am missing something.

Yes! I caught that too.

It is pretty clear…

The article talks about Cougar Board as being the only “independent” fan board, as an example they say Cougarfan is owned by the Newspaper.

Pretty clear to me.

Cougar Board, Welcome BYU football and BYU sports fans. - CougarBoard

Finally, on paragraph 6 I see a reference.
For college sports, “Rivals” is a popular online forum with subforums for topics like football recruiting, basketball recruiting, and specific college programs like BYU sports’ page called, “CougarNation.” Part of what makes CougarBoard stand apart from today’s internet fan culture, like that on Rivals, is that it subsists as an independently operated message board rather than a subforum on another larger platform. Deseret News owns COUGARFAN, which aggregates news about BYU and its fandom and hosts a forum.