B12 in talks with 4 P12 schools

Big 12 Reengaged In Talks With Utah, Other Pac-12 Schools (kslsports.com)

Would this be good for BYU. 100% yes just based on travel and not having to go to Cinn or WVU, Fl. every year. We would get the holy war back.

I think Utard should go independent for a decade. Maybe join the WCC :thinking:

Thanks for sharing fish. Just look at the map and what jumps out? UCF, WV and Cinn are the geographic outliers. Not discounting what they may bring to conference, but…
Need to add Boise St.

I wouldn’t mind getting Boise St into the B12. I still hope Utah isn’t invited. We don’t need them and the market isn’t big enough for both of us. Utah needs a little taste of their own medicine. UW and Oregon would be the best choices but I would love to see Boise St, ASU, UA and CO if the B12 can’t get Oregon or UW.

I have this from a very reliable source within the Utah AD’s office.

“IF” Washington and Oregon bolts to the BIG 10, and the Media package deal is not up to snuff, the PAC12 conference will officially be DOA!

From my source the media deal does not look good right now, as my source said, “Disney just laid-off 8K employees, do you really think they have the funds to do the PAC12 package?”

There are not enough “Power” G5 schools that they could get to replace their top four teams leaving.

Which means Utah is indeed interested in joining the BIG12 (BIG10 is not an option at the time), as well as the Arizona schools and Colorado are interested in joining as well.

Utah AD office is not happy right now.

yup

agreed

Just lost the tax exempt status in Florida. The price of Wokeness

I read that Utah intenionally left BYU high and dry in the P12 invite. Would it not be delishiously mean to invite BSU over Utah? yikes

I hope that O and UW leave for the the Big 12. They will be better prepared to play and win in the Big 12 than in the Big10. Politically they are not a great fit for the Big12 though. Neither is Stanford. I would love to see Cal, Stanford, UW and Oregon left to their own demise with their ultra left wing agendas. Utah is a good fit politically but I just don’t want them in the same conference and want them to be humbled a bit. Deion will bring CO up and a lot of PR with him. ASU, UA, CO and Boise would be good adds! I will admit that Utah will probably end up in the Big12. I hope that they cut the Utah revenues for the first 3 years as the price of admission!

Activity At A Major PAC 12 Program Sparks Rumors About A Potential Move To The Big XII (msn.com)

If Colorado desides to leave for the B12, that will have a domino effect on the 4 corner schools. After looking at the comment someone made about Utah and BYU being in the same market so the value is not great…I got to thinking, “Isn’t BYU’s more of a nation wide value?”

What say you.?

I don’t understand talk about “It’ll bring the holy war back.” The holy war never went away except during the years when Utah avoided playing BYU (even then, one of those years BYU played Utah in a bowl game."

I for one hope Utah athletics dies a slow death–okay, quick but really painful death–and BYU flourishes.

Which of the following colloquialisms would best describe BYU fans’ feelings when Utah is kept out of the Big12?
a) What goes around, comes around.
b) sucks to be you
c) enjoy the Mountain West
d) good luck with your careers at the carwash
e) all of the above

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee🎶

1 Like

fish: I read that Utah intenionally left BYU high and dry in the P12 invite. Would it not be delishiously mean to invite BSU over Utah? yikes

pmac: Which of the following colloquialisms would best describe BYU fans’ feelings when Utah is kept out of the Big12?
a) What goes around, comes around.
b) sucks to be you
c) enjoy the Mountain West
d) good luck with your careers at the carwash
e) all of the above

I have grad degrees for U of U.

BYU supported U of U in 70s and 80s when they were more awful than awful and then U of U screwed BYU in several ways more recently. So my answer to pmac’s options is: to HELL with Utah for eternity.

1 Like