Biden getting ready for warmongering

You are a sanctimonious a$$. Look at me! I’m helping people! Look at me! I’m a good person while I level improper and unholy accusations at others for having a life and conditions that prevent me from going to the Ukraine and helping others keep the war going. Just like Vietnam.
Grow up! May God teach you patience.

Maybe you need to read President Nielsen talk about anger and how o disagree without being disagreeable.

Because your posts goes directly against how he says those that follow Christ should not act this way.

1 Like

You may be right. I tried that and he came back with more trash. Sometimes you have to say “no.” He comes in after 3 years and does that? “No”
Great that he’s helping people. But to slam others who aren’t there with him? Really? Should all 17 million go to where he is right now, today? Get real. He’s patting himself on the back and belittling you.

Scott my post was at least 15 years in the making. You are a troll who knows everything who hides behind technology. I took this post personally because of what i have done, am doing, and have seen first hand. Do I think im better than you, No. Do I think you are a troll who enjoys getting attention by being angry about whatever is in the news, yes.

3 years ago I made the best decision of my life. My daughter attempted suicide and it broke me. I became bitter and anngry and hated ever moment of it. I prayed about what I could do to feel whole again. God specifically told me to give up thinking about the world in terms of us and them and if I served humanity and I would be blessed beyond measure. I have been.

When I left to serve last year I knew the area I was heading was on the Russian maps of invasion. It didn’t matter to me as God told me this was where I was needed. I had to have discussions with my wife and kids about the possibility of me not coming home. I was fine with that as I knew that if I died serving humanity that my family would understand my motives.

Scott, you need to find peace. It is so much better on the other side. However, you are either one of two things. A coward who likes to stir anger up among men, or a coward who can’t be vulnerable enough to discover where it all started. You need to confront that demon and find peace. Im not going to retort any more but I contend that you as the single most prolific poster over the last 15-20 years lives in the negative and this is just one of the sites you post at. I went down that rabbit hole a decade ago.

1 Like

Actually, I’m a very positive person. I don’t live in the past. I live in the present and look to the future. As far as peace, I’ve never been anything but a peacemaker. But, peacemakers are always called divisive and stir up trouble. The Lord got that rap, didn’t he. I’m not comparing myself to the Lord. I’m saying that when I speak the truth, people don’t like that. I speak with logic and reason and that seems to bother people. Especially in here where they mostly go on emotion. And yet, break down what I say mostly is trying to reason with people. I tried with you and you continued your vile way towards me and still do.
It’s a shame about your daughter. I’ve had people close to me attempt suicide. Some did it. If running into danger is your way of unloading your burden, that’s all on you and up to you. I doubt your family really accepts your decision. Running away from what happened sometimes is the best for all. But, please stop playing the martyr patting yourself on the back. At least do it in humility.
Now that we slapped each other on the cheek, I forgive you. Go in peace. Just don’t expect others to serve the same way you are. None of us got a calling from the Lord to go where you are. Many of us have lots to serve in the U.S. with all the filth going around.

I think there are a lot of posters on this site that would disagree with your assessment of yourself.

No, I am not saying I am any better.

1 Like

After having read your post, It made take pause and be thankful for the blessings I have.

So sorry that you had to go through that trial with your daughter. Having dealt with depression and self doubt for most of my life, I can understand your pain and anger.

It is great that you turned upward instead of inward to resolve your problem. The Lord has always been there for me, Glad you were able to find clarity.

If you don’t mind, may I make a suggestion that may help you even more?
My wife came up with this idea when I was going through one of my down times… She gave me a journal, but not just an ordinary one. What she suggested for me was to use this journal to record anything that inspires me to be better. She called it my inspiration journal.

When Elder Holland gave a talk about “Broken Vessels”, I recorded my feelings and actually copied the talk down into the size of the journal so I could always go back to it.

You would be amazed at the number of “little things” that can inspire you to be better. Later when things are tough, refer back to your inspiration journal for comfort.

Just a suggestion, It helped me, thought it might help you as well.
Thanks for doing what a lot of us wished we could do to help those in Ukraine.

1 Like

I think we’ve both attempted to use logic and reason to lower the tone and for whatever reason has been misinterpreted or misunderstood. Thanks for the tone of your response.

Nice post. Journals aren’t stressed like they used to be 40 years ago. I don’t know why he left his family and I doubt he will share it and that’s okay. If my daughter attempted suicide I would not take off to the other side of the universe. Unless I was the reason and it would be better to leave. Tell me I’m wrong. Then to go off on people who don’t sign up to be a martyr helping others from the Ukraine claiming they are in danger of being killed. Which I don’t believe is true. I know personally a missionary who went to Romania and areas like this person and did the same things but were humble and never played the martyr. I’m positive the Lord sent him away. Now, just do what he is doing that is good but refrain from damning those who don’t because we have responsibilities where we live and haven’t had a vision to leave and go follow Devm.
Enough on this subject.

1 Like

If I understand this correctly, you voluntarily left your family to go and “help” Ukranian refugees? I will be honest here, for a brief comment, as to what I am thinking is going on here. First, I applaud you for doing something to help. I don’t know exactly what is going on with this war, but I think there is a lot more to it than what we are allowed to know or believe we know. Like a lot of wars, they are created and propogated by a few evil men, influenced by Satan. I am glad you feel like you can make a difference. However, I am not sure leaving your family behind is the right thing to do. I don’t know all of the details but I don’t agree in general with that aspect of it.

I believe our priorities, in general, are God first, our spouse and children second and then our extended family and those around us come next. That is how we show our devotion to HEavenly Father. It saddens me to see and know about the evil that humans commit against their fellow men. There will be many who suffer long and hard for their actions and choices in this life. There are times when I wish God would take away the agency of these people and protect those who can’t protect themselves. I know this is what you speak of and what you are trying to do and I hope your family is taken care of in the meantime. Bless you for your actions and efforts.

1 Like

I think we can applaud those who serve those who suffer without supporting a war like the one in Ukraine. When the church dispenses humanitarian aid to the innocent who suffer in wars i don’t think they ask any questions as to what side the innocent victims are on. Some are caught in the crosshairs and we can assist in many ways whether that be far away from home or donating our material
means, or time, far away from the battlefield.

There is no question Putin is evil. There is no question many Russians suffer under his rule. I would think all of us would want to ease the suffering of the innocent Russians as well as the innocent Ukrainians.

For me a donation of funds or time is something I could do.

Shame on our government for doing nothing to attempt to broker a peace while the war drags on with no end in sight and we neglect our own military spending billions upon billions of dollars while neglecting our own border allowing untold amounts of fentanyl into our country leading to many deaths. The politicians pound the war drums while their own country is falling apart. For some of these politicians a foreign war is a welcome distraction from their gross domestic failures.

1 Like

Sorry for the long post.

I am in a different place than most people my age, 45. My children are out of the house and my wife does not need me at all economically as she is at the top of her field. I also have summers off so I have plenty of time. I honestly believe like you about the causes of wars and that was never my concern. My ultimate concern is to bring happyness to children who need it. In every war it is the woman and children who pay the price. Children dont care who started a war or why but they are often brutalized the worst.

I have made many friendships with people who work with refugee children over the past year and many professionals in the therapy world who work with clients exposed to war. On the volunteer side they all talk about having a feeling that if they don’t show up and help, who will. Basically no one wants to deal with a humanitarian crisis caused by any war. It is messy on all sides. The one person who got me the most is a former multiple tour marine turned therapist. He understood what drove me to originally go and understood why I came back.

On the personal side, I wanted to show myself and my family that it is worth it to serve when you feel the call. I will also say that I want people to know that Americans do care about others and wanted to show it in person. To say I believed that things would go fine last year would be a lie. Everyone who came had an escape plan and knew the direction to start walking to get to Romania. I accepted that there was a chance I might not come back and I am so grateful for going through that process. I am so much more confident in my abilities and no longer live with the fear of my own mortality getting in the way. I was always taught at church that when the spirit prompts, listen. Let me tell you that God had plans for me that I had no clue of at the time.

I can also say that god has blessed me and my family in so many ways because of my service. I did come out last year to originally help Ukrainian refugees but have found my true calling and that is working with vulnerable children through the arts. Here it just happens to be Ukrainian refugees and local children in poverty. My calling as I see it is to provide children here with visual and performing art experiences and supplies to help them grow, processes, heal, and allow themselves to escape into the creative process. Anyone who has ever used an artistic manner for this purpose understands why it is powerful and needed.

I get asked all of the time “Why would an American come here and help?” They can’t understand why. I was taught and believe that America and Americans have the potential to be the best. My personal hero is Gail Halvorsen. If you don’t know him or the hope and goodness he brought to children you should look him up. He was the best of what being American is and should be.

1 Like