BYU football survey completed

I think you may be right, but they couldn’t keep a late season commitment due to their conference schedule. It happens every year with nearly every P5 conference opponent. They pull out because they don’t need the road trip to Provo and we have no barganing power to hold people to contracts. We are in a lose lose situation when it comes to Oct and Nov home scheduling

Please don’t knock the ESPN deal. Instead, Thank ESPN for all that they do for us. They have been our best friend and ally.

KC,

There is no going back. We must forge forward. Independence must be our holding ground until we can find a way to get into a Power 5 Conference.

Our opportunities and our flexibility are much greater as an Independent than they would be in a Mid Major Conference.

As an Independent, we are on the losing side of being recognized as a P5 type team, however, if we were in a Mid Major Conference, we would not even be in the discussion as we would just be another Mid Major Team in a Mid Major Conference.

When Utah left to be in the Pac 12 and when TCU left to be in the Big 12, and apparently nobody in the P5 conferences seem to want us at this time, we must stay Independent, as bad as it is, until we figure out how to make the necessary changes that will make us more attractive to those P5 conferences.

What changes must we make? You know as much as I or anyone else. One thing for sure is, ,that Business as Usual, just isn’t working anymore.

We play a similar schedule as Boise State and other MWC teams, yet no shot at NY6 bowl unless we are 12-0. No, we are looking up to the MWC unfortunatly.

Ron U: Start with a new more competitive HC and a BETTER COACHING STAFF.

1 Like

txcoug1492,

Yeah, that, which you say, would be nice.

However, when we pay about 1/3 of what a quality P5 coach receives,

and add onto that, he must be LDS and in good standing and worthy of a temple recommend,

and add to that, he must deal with our honor code,

who would you now suggest to replace what we have, that would be willing to

leave his P5 job, with his P5 pay, that does not require him to deal with a honor code like ours?

My point is, business as usual, just doesn’t work anymore.

If we change the way we do business, we can flourish if those changes address the issues that I mention above.

I am afraid that if we do not address those issues,
we may fall into non existence in the college football community

TCU/BAYLOR/Ohio State, reminds us, just how important SOS is post 2014 season and how suicidal survival is in college football when we schedule FCS (division 2 or worse) teams.

KC,

I respectfully disagree. If we want something bad enough,
we can make the necessary effort to get it. History tells us that if we do not want something bad enough to work hard for it, we can always blame someone else for our failure.

We can now form an alliance with the ACC and with some effort and with the help of ESPN, we could schedule a game with each of the teams from the ACC. Follow the example of the successful ND. This could even open the door for ND to want to schedule us again.

Think about it.