BYU- Gonzaga watch. buckle up

BYU wreaks #12 Oregon in Portland

Zags soundly beats #5 Texas in Spokane.

Advantage BYU.

Nobody saw BYU doing this to a Sr. laden Oregon team on the road!!! Granted, Gonzaga made a statement but it was at home. Drew Timme threw down the big man award with 37 points! wowza.

Going to update this tread weekly as I see two forces coming together in the distant future.

BYU continues to shine with the Oregon upset. TxSo made the dance last year. Utah should make it this year. Nothing BYU has done this season compares with Gonzaga’s schedule.

Zags take down #3 Texas, play #2 UCLA next, then Duke after that.
Nobody in America can tout those kinds of games- Advantage Gonzaga.

Zags continue to smoke top competition.
Pope and his boys have their work cut out for them.

Gonzaga destroyed UCLA in the Maui Jim Classic semi’s tonight, by 20. Pretty sure the Pac 12 is tired of the WCC by now.

Gonzaga lost to a very good duke team last night. several observations:

Duke has the #1 draft pick, Paolo Banchero! He had 20 points before halftime, not so much in the 2nd half as he was fighting leg cramps.
Duke completely dominated Gonzaga in the paint.

Gonzaga’s Chet Holmgren, 7’2 phenome…was pushed around all night. I was baffled as to why UCLA did not lean on him but boy, Duke knew what to do against this wire thin bean pole… And when Timme got into early foul trouble, that spelled doom for the #1 Zags.

That beanpole also had a great game. Rim stopper and got shots as well. Call him names but he will be very difficult if Timme has a great game.
There was already a thread started about this game. Tells me a lot about you.

Gonzaga continues to sit in the Pomeroy #1 slot, BYU #25, SFU 34, SMC 38
All four are in according to Linardi