BYU loses at LMU

I’m not going to say there was bias against BYU in the Gonzaga game because BYU had a very good chance to win that one.

But…

Gonzaga had a total of 2 fouls called against them in the first 15 minutes of the second half and only 3 total with about a minute to go. That is just plain nonsense. BYU had 9 fouls called against them during that same time period in the second half. More nonsense.

Lastly, the missed goaltending call in the first half would have given BYU two more points and while I don’t subscribe to the idea that one missed basket changes the game, I do believe that one poor call, especially when it comes to taking points away from one team, can change things.

I will let everyone else believe what they want to believe. BYU played well enough to win the game, Gonzaga did not but still came out with the win at the end. That is how it goes for BYU in the crappy WCC. It has been a problem since they joined and it will be a problem the rest of the season until they leave.

Yep! Was Johnson fouled on the last shot attempt. It sure looks like he got part of the ball and Johnson’s wrist.

The Flopp called before the half on Johnson?