BYU @ UM-ss Football

The line got better. Especially in the 2nd half.

A story of two halves, but two ugly football teams. We won it going away, but wow, this is an up and down bumpy season. MY TV satellite gave me fits during the second half, so I missed most of it. When they play well I can’t see it.I hope that we can beat New Mex. State and clinch a toilet bowl. Who knows with the Ute game, with their lost QB and other players injures.

Utah beat Oregon. They didn’t miss a thing. We have to play them like we did with Wisconsin, who lost again to Penn St.

If you didn’t see the game then how do you know they were two ugly teams? Once BYU’s defense got its act together in the 2nd quarter, the offense also got its act together and looked good. That wind was difficult to pass and kick in. But, Wilson did well in it. The running game got going in the 2nd half when the line got straightened out at halftime.

I saw the first half grasshopper. Then my TV Dish died. I got the Post Game when we finally got the TV up and running again.Got it?

Got it. So you agree then it would be impossible for you to explain how both teams played ugly? And, you can agree with my observation that we played well for 3 quarters. Especially the 2nd half.

35 points against UMass is nothing to get excited about. That is a very bad team, in case you didn’t notice. I will give credit to BYU for getting it together but they were down 10-0 and that in itself is inexcusable but not surprising.

I still say this team lacks discipline and focus which leads to a bigger issue or identity. A team with no identity is what BYU looks like right now. We are 10 games into the season and you still don’t know what to expect each week.

No doubt we have a challenge with 1st quarters in football an beginning of games in basketball. The offense is young. Relax. We had good solid drives to put up those 35 points in less than 3 quarters of the game. Maybe we found that identity :slight_smile: whatever that means :thinking:

Always telling me to relax and then telling us all how the team is “young” and they will “learn” and get “better” and on and on and on…

It’s the same retort every season. In case you didn’t notice, this team is 10 games into the season with only 2 games left.

Most of these guys have been playing football for at least 10 years. They are not “young”, if they haven’t “learned” yet I don’t know when they will and honestly, they aren’t getting “better” so none of what you say is grounded in any truth or reality… it’s the same stuff you post every season.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda and wait till next year.

Again hopper: I missed the second half. UMASS is not a very good team. Let’s see how we do against N.Mex. St. and Utah.

It isn’t that the players haven’t learned. It’s that they have to learn on a different level. College is not high school. Pros is not College. It’s being able to execute at the higher level those things they already know. They will learn some new things as well as they develop too.
A person can read the Book of Mormon and gain a testimony. But that doesn’t mean they know what to do with it. It doesn’t mean they can be Bishop and successful. Takes experience at the level you are at. Same with sports.

We did well against Wisconsin. We must have been a good team and potential still are. With UMASS, we played well in the 2nd half when you were unable to see and make any judgments. That’s all I’m saying.