BYU vs CSU In-game comments

Nice start! LJ 65 yards!

Been worried about this game all week , because they’re quarterbacks coach used to be our assistant quarterback coach and worked with our team for 6 years. So he knows us really well and can game plan us really well

That was terrible defense! Wake up defense!

Just started the game so all I have seen is that touchdown

Offense came to play. Come on defense!

That was an amazing throw, and legend pulling it in with one arm even more amazing .

What’s the problem with Gentry

Their QB has a pulled hamstring. We better play smart now.

Stupid penalty!

Yall’s run game is looking great. That Notre Dame game is looking more and more winnable the more I watch you guys. Your line is playing the way I was hoping ours would look this year.

This is a sloppy second half. Dumb plays.

Our second string defense looks very suspect

It’s more 3rd and 4th string. Some bad passes too.

Should have been a lot more. Ahead 38-7 and Bear throws an interception on what should have been another touchdown drive. Too many penalties. BYU was terrific for 2 1/2 quarters and then with a lot of backups in it got sloppy.

I’m glad bench players got meaningful playing time. Injuries being what they are, it’s good for backups to have as many plays as possible. It’s also a consideration with retention and continuity — why wouldn’t people who never see the field transfer somewhere else?

With the game we’ll in hand, I’m okay with some sloppy play with backups seeing significant playing time. It will help us when they are needed.

The two running backs that will replace LJ or looking really good

You can never have enough running backs. Most valuable was probably giving reps to defensive players. Depth is really important.

I like Tonga. He has great vision and quick moves. I wasn’t sure about his speed for long runs. But after getting run down by a DE, he’s only good for 20-30 yard bursts. Q

Arod called a great game. Two games in a row, he has shown me that he knows Bear has hit that elite short passing and now good long ball, a weapon we did not have last year. I wonder what legends’ top end speed is? When I said after the first game that he is an “One and Done” if I’ve ever seen one, someone said he is too young for the NFL but whatever; Legend is elite as in top 3 Receivers in all D1. He looks like a pro all day long. Anyhow, back to Arod: In the Az game, BYU faked a screen pass and the safety bit, Frischknecht TD on a inside go route. Sat. Arod calls for a Legend Jet Sweep after LJ Martin had murdered them with 3 straight TDs. Genius, it’s like He has, Arod, all the tools necessary to mess with any defense they throw at you. And our rushing game with Martin will mess you up!

All except for the interceptions. The one Bear threw was on the receiver not reading the defense. He should have stopped and sat on the route. We should have run it in anyway. But we are also still preparing for the season and Notre Dame. Two weeks to work on the defense and their slow starts. That’s the difference so far not having Hill to change more quickly.