BYU vs. ECU... here we go

I am going to go with an extreme case of coaching INexperience. I just don’t think our coaching staff knows what is going on a lot of the time. I guess they aren’t aware that ECU has a difficult time defending the pass on third down… but ECU knows BYU has a difficult time throwing the ball on any down, so even though BYU has had success running the ball, ECU will plan for and defend that in the second half.

Will BYU be able to adjust to that?

Mangum is 9/12 for 61 yards. 5.1 yards per catch. Does anyone know if receivers are open and Mangum just isn’t throwing it?

This team is completely dysfunctional. Third and fifteen and you get a delay of game penalty?

Mangum just can’t make a throw when he needs to. Hifo was wide open and he still threw it behind him. On the next set of downs he threw one into the ground and then another behind the receiver. He’s just not very good…

The announcer is right. That’s all on Mangum. Time to put someone in that will throw the ball more than 5 yards and can run if needed.

Late hit? I don’t know, I didn’t see it. Sometimes the officials can be too involved in the game.

Great halftime adjustments… this team is really the worst BYU team I have watched since I started watching BYU play football… probably about 35 years.

Something happening is BENCH Mangum and fire the Defensive Coach.

Mangum has open targets…he isn’t seeing them and when he does, misses. When he does hit…they drop it. I’ve seen 3 great passes and catches…all season.

Well, Hifo made a good catch and then he struts around like he is so awesome. I have never seen a team that is so full of themselves in comparison to how bad they really are. Why strut around when you are 1-6 and down 26-10 vs. another team that is 1-6?

Doesn’t hurt to throw the ball away when there is nothing there. Mangum loses yards on a run to the right.

Can they score on 4th and goal? Interesting call there…

I don’t mind the confidence. That’s nice to see. Just make sure you always do your job. If you’re inconsistent then I don’t want to see you struting around.

I can’t believe how inaccurate Mangum is right now. It could be a TD or an interception everytime. Hifo and tanner are fast.

You are talking about ECU right? They are the only team in this game that has any rigfh to be confident.

BYU is really bad. Who throws a slant on 4th and goal? That play was doomed from the start and Mangum wasn’t going to make it happen regardless.

I’m a sucker for the irrational confidence guys. Even if you have blown it 10 times in a row. Be absolutely positive you will make it work the next time.

Granted…There are a lot of ways this can go horribly wrong. There’s a balance.

I’m trying really hard here.

I don’t understand. We complained about play calling with Anae and it has gotten worse.

You get an A for effort.

And Mangum throws a pick… so pathetic.

This is turning into a blowout.

It wasn’t necessarily the play calling that I disliked about Anae, it was his unwillingness to take a risk and to win games when the opportunities to do so were there. He just never could pull the trigger on something that could have won the game.

Are you talking about Mangum? :grinning:

Anae had some games that were great and others that were horrible. I don’t know why. Sometimes he was extremely predictable. We could call out the plays all night.

No…not so much. Just hand it off buddy. Or bench him…that would be my first choice.

When is the last time Mangum had a great game, 2015? That’s all I can remember.

Tanner is a mess back there. He wrings his hands and looks around like a mouse in a cat house. What on earth is he so anxious about? He just never settles in, every play is an adventure and now that ECU is playing off the receivers he makes it look easy.

No pressure to do anything and now he hits the receivers no problem…

I wonder if Detmer is capable of calling a play that can score a touchdown… and then I wonder if Mangum can throw the ball into the end zone.

Tanner looks like he has PTSD.