I have some thoughts about the first half -
BYU is obviously, like most teams, outmatched in this game. Gonzaga is a very good team. However, there are some things they could do to be more competitive.
- The team leader needs to stop acting like a deer in the headlights. Come on Barcello…
- Kolby Lee is just not a natural basketball player. He plods along, throws up random tosses at the basket and just… I dunno why he plays basketball.
- I think Averette’s quickness matches Gonzaga but he needs help. BYU doesn’t have many athletic players.
- I do like Lohner and Gideon going forward. I think they have very developable talent.
- Haarms is too soft, where is Harward?
- Harding and Johnson MIA. What role do they play?
- BYU obviously lacks experience but I would be okay playing Gonzaga a couple more times this season just to gain some of that needed experience.
I don’t see things changing in the second half but you never know.