BYU vs Pacific... Round 2

Lol! Okay whatever you say Hopper

When all of these things equal a wcc title, regular season or tournament, I will stop getting after everyone for being delusional because until there is some actual concrete results, that is exactly what fans areā€¦ delusional.

BYU is the only team in the wcc who still believes they are the best team in the conference without ever winning anything. :flushed:

Watts was that you say? :sunglasses:

Everyone has had a bad game or two now. Bryant Thursday and Seljaas yesterday. Come tournament time everyone will have 3 great games and we win the tournament :sunglasses:

Off ball player movement covers many sins.

I would say Mormons in general.

Play the man. At least 15

I was concerned about Elijahā€™s speed. Do you think heā€™s got it?

I donā€™t know about close but I am thrilled with what I see. [quote=ā€œfish, post:25, topic:7837ā€]
old TJ would have had 15 shots and manybe 3 assists. Rose really ought to think about turning TJ into a better scoring Emmitt Naar.
[/quote]

This, all day long. TJ grew so much as a player this year. He could be exactly that.

Wattsever, is dat better? :grimacing:

wow-I couldnā€™t have worded it better myself-thanks!

better make those blue sunglassesšŸ˜‰

Whoever, whenever and however. Watts still on second :slight_smile:

Blue goggles :slight_smile:

Your goggles are actually very dark blue, almost black. How do I know? because you donā€™t see a lot of what is going on, living in a world of delusion.

Does Deron Williams ring a bellā€¦I heard the same things about him coming out of Illinois. I also heard a NBA scout talk about Childs vs. Collingsworth. KC has to play the guard and guards by definition are lightning quick and all shoot the 3. Childs would not have to play a guard, he would play a small forward to a 4, like GSā€™s Green. So Childs would have a better chance to make it over a KC, if that makes any sense.

Oh Iā€™m not worried about Yoā€™s athleticism that much. Fix the shot and learn a full tool set of offensive moves and I look forward to watching him in the NBA.

D Will is an interesting comparison. He had other issues that derailed him and I never remember him trying that hard. I do remember questions about his athleticism.

Elijah seems like such complete offensive player. Iā€™m trying to poke holes in his game and the only thing I can come up with is if he has a good midrange jumper or a floater to get it over the top? I donā€™t have data so I canā€™t answer that question.

Bryant seems like a guy whoā€™s a great college player whoā€™s skills donā€™t translate to the NBA. Those 6ā€™2" WCC guards he effectively bullies and overpowers are not in the NBA. I love his game for us - just donā€™t see him in the NBA. Seems a bit slow with a slow release. But maybe he could be a Pat Connaughton end of the (Blazers) bench type.

Yoeli seems to lack the outside shot and face the basket abilities needed in the NBA. I agree that his length and athleticism are good. Iā€™d like to see him really work on rebounding and defense so he could maybe become a poor manā€™s Buck Williams type.

I always enjoy the Hawks/Hopper discussions on this board. Keep them up.

Heā€™s a great foul shooter. He has a mid range game. Doesnā€™t use it a lot because of where he gets the ball. But, Iā€™m sure he has it. He just needs to get stronger and make sure his knee is great. He often jumps off his right instead of his left.

I donā€™t agree about a couple of things. Bryant isnā€™t slow and he has a quick release. Itā€™s a bit low for the NBA which was Devin Durantā€™s problem in the NBA. He got his shot off in college and it was a beautiful shot like Bryantā€™s. But, in the NBA his shot was swatted.
Yoli has a midrange shot already and can hit 3ā€™s too. He will need to attack more facing the basket in the NBA but heā€™s going to transition nicely.

he isnt slow, but he isnt quick either and yes he has a low releasing shot. it just depends on the oppotunities he get. childs is athletic enough, but needs another year or two to develop his offensive game. i would rate Mika and Childs about equal after their soph year with Childs more athletic and Mika more driven and tougher mentally, but its close

This is great insight. How did you come to this conclusion? Is it because he has made like 25 in a row and they announce his % at somewhere around 90ā€¦ every single game? Amazing how you come up with some of this insight. :astonished:

One other thing hereā€¦ it is about this point in the season, when the writing is on the wall for BYU finishing third again, that fans start talking about the nba potential of the best players on the team. Itā€™s like clockwork.

One of the differences this year is that the 2 in front are highly ranked. We will see what happens with Gonzaga. And, we have basically a whole different team. So, relax.

Heā€™s 6ā€™6ā€ and still gets to the rim. Heā€™s quicker than you may think. He can finish even with contact.
Same with his shot. Because itā€™s low itā€™s quicker than maybe it looks.