BYU vs. Pepperdine.... LOL

Okay, so when I saw the game was at 8 pm I thought that was Cali time but it really started at 7 here and 8 was Utah time. Did I miss anything? Apparently not as I turned the game on with about 6 minutes to go in the half. With that much time I thought Dastrup might have been going in soon but I don’t know if he played or not and honestly I don’t care.

Why?

Because this is what I saw in the short time I was watching. I saw Yo hand the ball off to a Pepp. player instead of Bergerson, who was apparently playing because he has been doing so well in “practice”. The kid didn’t look that great but he was okay. He bricked his first two free throws of the season but one of them fell through. I also saw Haws pull a Pepp. player down to the ground on a made 3 pointer giving the guy a one and one and turning the play into a 5 point play for Pepperdine, which gave them the lead. BYU is down two at halftime to the WORST team in the league.

More importantly, I saw Haws and Childs make two of the stupidest plays I have seen with no repercussions at all. Both players stayed in the game and I was reminded once again that if your name isn’t Dastrup you can do whatever you want on the court without any concern for making mistakes or turnovers.

This team is terrible… from the coach down.

Not terrible, Inconsistent. You’re frustrated I get it.

Come on man, this is more than frustrating. Luke was terrible to start the second half. They just don’t do much right… they make poor decisions, they make terrible passes and they just don’t make their shots. They are literally trying to give this game to Pepperdine. Eight minutes into the second half and they are still down 2…

I mean come on. This is ridiculous. Pepperdine has won one game in conference and is 4-22 overall. Oh yeah… they always play BYU tough or they are a strong physical team or how about this one, BYU is in Malibu and they went to the beach today?

I’ll let grasshopper pick one…

Seven minutes to go in the game and BYU is still down by the same margin they were down at halftime. If someone can explain to me what is going on with this team I would love to read it.

Is there a team psychologist that can help? They need to start by talking to Rose and asking him why he hates Dastrup first off and then go from there.

Nixon, Worthington and Cannon all playing at the same time.

Finally, with 5 minutes to go it looks like BYU is waking up.

I believe they do have a sports psychologist on staff, for whatever that’s worth.[quote=“JCoug, post:4, topic:7872”]
Nixon, Worthington and Cannon all playing at the same time.
[/quote]

Not a fan

Still making so many stupid mistakes.

Maybe not…

Two minutes to go and BYU is down 2.

This is incredible. Haws behind the back dribble and loses it. Pepperdine scores a 3 pointer off it, yet Haws stays in the game… again.

I could have gone to this game… not sure that would have been worth it.

LOL… BYU into OT vs. Pepperdine. I wonder if grasshopper thinks BYU is peaking at the right time?.

So they had to rely on Bryant to pull out the OT win.

I would classify this game as an “embarrassing win”…

Overall Rose has been a successful and good coach but right now he is terrible. This team is underperforming in so many ways and he is not doing anything to change it. Once again relying on one player to carry the load and not developing anyone, especially the 4 star talent.

JH: All you missed in the first half is BYU blowing 9 point leads two or three times and more pathetic WCC officiating for the entire first half. The Waves pushed and shoved their way through the first half and more again in the second half. What a rec league is the WCC.

Perhaps this is the end of the line for Coach Rose.

Yet SM is getting beat by SF!

[quote=“txcoug1492, post:8, topic:7872”]
The Waves pushed and shoved their way through the first half and more again in the second half. What a rec league is the WCC.

Whats with all the push offs Pepperdine got away with. Ross, dudes only a Freshmen, but that arm clears out every single time and not one call.

Tough game, but good to get a win. Bryant was awesome late and in OT! I love his strong drives to the hoop where he hangs and hits. I still don’t see him in the NBA, but he’s been a great college player.

Dastrup only played 4 mins. Odd. I like his outside shot and strength. Luke must be a good defender. He sure doesn’t do much on offense. He got stuffed by Pepp’s center a couple of times.

I think us fans’ biggest problem is unrealistic expectations. We expect to compete with the Zags and St Mary’s for the title every year, but we just can’t or don’t for whatever reason. We are closer to Pacific and Pepperdine than we are to those top 2.

Haws sure had an off night shooting, but I liked his floor game.

Just spent 3 days with my NBA coach. We talked about Eli’s game. The coach, who has been a talent scout for many years…likes him. Time will tell…Eli can score at will, think about it

Eli impressed me last night with a couple of quick release 3’s. You need to do that in the NBA. He seems to have a low release point on his jumpshot, so he has to get it off quickly. I’d be curious to hear of Hopper’s take on Eli’s NBA chances as Hopper has a long coaching background. I coached HS Basketball for 3 years at a private school in Utah (Meridian in Provo) in the 90’s then moved out of state. A few years after I left, the school became defunct.

I’ve been saying his shot is low. But, it has come up some. In the NBA, players do get off wide open shots from the top. Another year and he could strengthen his position to be drafted and play. I think he still needs to get a bit stronger too.