BYU vs.Santa Clara

The coaches have to then get Dastrup more physical and ready to play in practice. Sejlass still has to continue to improve and shoot great again! Haws looked comfortable on the floor for the first time.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I definitely want Dastrup on the floor for a good chunk of minutes to season him. His ceiling is worth it. But I actually think he could play 6 minutes at the four and 12 at the 5. If Luke is foul clean, I think you could easily play him around 24 minutes. Luke is absolutely a 5 and he canā€™t play anywhere else, but he could play with Dastrup depending on the lineup. Not sure what the +/- lineup data looks like, anyone have a link? I canā€™t seem to quickly find it.

If the 5 minutes looked like this: 22 - luke, 12 - Payton, 6 - Yo, I could see that working, depending on the matchup.

There are certain matchups where we just need outside shooting and clearing the lane. Thatā€™s when I could see playing Dastrup 20 minutes at the 5. Or Nixon when healthy. Even Yo can do that.

The guys you play to develop them: Dastrup, Seljias, Bergerson, Iā€™m forgetting somebodyā€¦

Bergeson looked pretty good Saturday. Whatā€™s happening with him is he is doing better in practice and itā€™s showing in the games. When Dastrup plays better in practice it will show in games as well and he will get more playing time. From his interview he says so and understands this too.

I agree that Worthington is a 5 and said so from the start. At the beginning of the season I also said the 5 man simply had to be good defending the pain and score 8-12 points a game because of our shooting and scoring abilities. Worthington has done this.
Dastrup is not a 5 man in my opinion. Heā€™s clearly a 4 man. Yoli can play both 4 and 5. So, I see Dastrup coming in for both Worthington and Dastrup. But, when we play smaller teams, Sejlass has to play the 4 a lot more.

Iā€™ve never seen a guy come in for himself, but it sounds like another one of your coaching geniusesā€¦

You certainly learned a lot during your time as a coach. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Iā€™m never wrong but I do make mistakes :innocent: