BYU vs. USF at San Francisco

When you have three road games against the best WCC teams and only lose to the #1 team in the nation, that is a BIG WIN and a Dance team resume. I thought all week we could lose one to either SMC or SF, We didn’t, gone are the Rose years of losing road records. BYU is locking teams down late with defense, something I haven’t seen since…the days of '47

yup, Just look at the stats, BYU’s bench came up with 31 points and 27 boards! Our bench matched SF’s total rebounding for the entire game. We have the deepest bench in the WCC, don’t we? Hence the late game blow outs.

How can you objectively say that? I love Lee’s game, granted, he is not Harward but he can DUNK under the rim, Worthlesston never dunked in 4 years, prove me wrong!. Lee can back most centers down and use his baby hook, that is a weapon, Worthington’s only weapon was a rich daddy. Lee can hit a 3, and really, why do we care who the starter is? I said it many times before the season, Lee would be our 3rd best Center on the team and he is. Team player, most guys that get their minutes trimmed end up transferring, Lee never complains. Glue guy that you need on a winning team.
Johnson is also a glue guy, not a star but he is the one guy that can spell Barcello and actually defend the other team’s best player.

Averette is playing under control now and is rounding out to be the player we hoped he would be. Who was guarding Shabazz? just aking for a friend. Still a liability on defense because of his size but certainly a factor in our wins. Barcello is the star, when he plays well, we win. BYU gets a guard of his caliber about once every ten years.

George has finally played into a big minutes guy, Eating up Harding’s minutes, BTW, can we lay off Harding a little, the leg is shot, and he still got 4 rebs. He is dragging that leg around the best he can.

Lastly, Harward is a Beast. 11 boards and 13 on 19 minutes is WORK, Well done.

And now that this killer road trip is over, BYU in favored in every game but Gonzaga. At our place? 3s falling, do I dare dream?