BYU vs Utah Game

Saw that. What I looked for in the early season was the contenders. San Fran and Pepperdine impressed. SMC looked super bad in their first game @Memphis and should of lost to UNI but have been impressive running off 6 straight. We have a common opponent with SDSU to give us some comparison. I guess you should never bet against a Randy Bennett team playing at home.

WCC will be a top 7 league again and should get two bids, long shot 3. Covid will ruin the party and keys games missed with no chance to make it up. Oh, what a world.

Maybe the first group to get the vaccines should be winter and spring sports athletes… :smirk:

You would be hard pressed to find a basketball fan in Oregon over the age of 40 who isn’t rooting for "TP"s success. Porter is not only one of the best Blazers of all time, but an absolute prince of a man. During his run with the Blazers he was one of the finest examples of great players who were “all in” for the team concept, totally humble and gracious, and devoted to his wife and family. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone ever say anything bad about TP, and I for one am rooting big time for his success.

now that is a RIVER. remote and untouched. I teach a class on the Weber in Feb, every year. Maybe not this one with Covid, we’ll see.

I said before the Utah game that BA should have a good game, as well as Barcello. When their Point is barely 6’ (Jones) expect it but with long teams, USC and BSU. BYU really struggles, SDSU has length and a ton of Sr’s. And @SDSU, it sure seems like a BYU smackdown…

Agree wholeheartedly. He has been classy every time I have seen his teams play. He doesn’t have a lot of talent to work with and his team doesn’t typically get a lot of calls going their way even though you would think the officials would give him some respect because of his knowledge of the game. He is a great role model that few people ever hear about and I’m sure that is the reason why, because he is a quality person quietly going about his business. You never hear about those guys.

To borrow from a HoF Coach who didn’t have much talent, who looked for innovative ways to approach the game, Porter ought to try something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMdPLhA7drI

He certainly could get his offense going better than what it currently does.
His team would be much harder to defend…couldn’t be much easier than it is right now with the worst offense year on year on year in the WCC.

thanks for sharing Harold, very imprimitive video. Would work good for any HS team out there.

Watched some of the Utah-UVU game last night. Talked it over with my NBA buddy. UVU came back and tied after being behind 15. Utah stands around too much He spent a LOT of time working with Johnson (BYU) on his shooting mechanics.

In the Utah game, Johnson completely missed a 3, a total brick. On the next possession, he came down and swished the next 3. You don’t do that without a ton of confidence.
After long road to BYU, newcomer Spencer Johnson contributes both offensively and defensively off the bench - Deseret News

Admittedly Coach Tony Bennet of Virginia is a bit like Kyle Whittingham, always looking for a better offence to go with his world-class defence, but…with slight differences the HS offense in the video is what Bennett is implementing in the ACC this year…