BYU vs. Utah - no hero ball here

As always we see things differently. Yes, Childs had a great game, third game in a row scoring 31 points and he is obviously very skilled. Unfortunately Rose is giving away his game plan for the future, so it is being made easier for teams in the future to know how to prepare for BYU.

If you can contain Yoeli or shut him down, you can beat BYU.

Rose’s lack of developing role players or potential contributors to provide more balance going forward and his poor attention to detail will cost the team. This is a very clear definition of hero ball, relying on one or two players to be do it all everythings for the team.

Can you explain, grasshopper, why Yoeli was still in the game with a minute to go and BYU up by more than 15 points? For that matter, why were all of the starters still in the game at that point. They are going to wear down, nobody else is getting the minutes necessary to help contribute (I have harped on that one for years} and the team will not be ready for post season play, if they happen to make it.

You have said the same thing, yet you are content with what happens every year.

You and others will be saying the same thing about other teams that BYU loses to going forward. Yes, it was a good win against Utah but let’s be honest, Utah is a cruddy team that is going nowhere. They will get smacked around in the weak pac 12 this season.

When BYU loses to an average team or a wcc middle of the pack team and follows that up with a strong game against a better wcc team, many will be saying that BYU could beat that team if they played again. It doesn’t matter at this point because BYU won’t play Weber again this season and they gave up 115 points to them. It is just like UVU a couple years ago.

It is the same book and new chapter with the same thing happening again.

It was a great dunk. Of the year or century is probably overstating it but that is okay. It should have been on top 10 plays for sportscenter as the top play of the day. It was pretty cool for sure.

It was

correct

Also true, But it is not hero ball. Hero ball is what we watched from Emery/Haws the 1st two years. Involving the team but taking over when its needed is smart ball. BYU is playing smart ball since USU and Utah.

Coaches owe it to their elite players to get them the stats for NBA scouts. Could it cost them in injuries? yes, but I talked to Coach Hecker about it (Who by the way is working with Yoeli) and he pointed this out to me very clearly. He also said that Childs has the skill set for the NBA.

You did call it hero ball a few posts ago. That he was thinking he’s the hero. And that he was being prepped for the NBA.
They may play 30 games and for 40 minutes. Usually they have several days between games. College players don’t get worn down. I had a good chuckle with that one.
Teams already know what the game plan is. It’s no secret. Double Childs and TJ. Yet, we still are winning games and didn’t lose two games we shouldn’t have because of this.
So, Rose has gone to a 4 guard line up to make it harder for teams to want to double Childs.

Double TJ? That’s a good one and a good laugh.

Also, you have talked about college players wearing out and needing rest yet you are going back on that comment now?

Do ;they need some rest or not?

Hurry, make something up quick.

I never said anything about needing a rest associating it with preventing injuries. And, at that level, they need very little rest.