Charges against Au You has been dropped

If in fact that was what happened it is serious. It appears that there should have been 5 - 7 charges based on the newspaper and or police report. A PA would normally charge everything they conceivably could. So if a mistake was made on one of the charges they could just drop it and maintain the other charges. The fact that ALL charges were dropped before any court appearance tells me that what we read in the paper and the info given out by law enforcement was not accurate in many respects … maybe the officer didn’t have any real evidence on the speeding and or they found out reasons that explained items they found in the car … like it wasn’t Ah’s car or there were plausible explanations. Or the arresting officer’s report contained material facts that were so blatantly false that it cast serious doubt on the whole investigation. It is just puzzling that not one charge stuck in an especially high profile case.

WOW! One week without Church and the swearing begins. Are you unable to converse? Floyd is.

Was he alone or were there others in the car?

I read the news article and the comments. U of U fans are strongly flaming the Utah County Prosecuting DA (David Leavitt?) for not pursuing this case. They said Leavitt is a BYU grad.

I wonder why they are working so hard to get him lynched.

Saying things like Crap, Twit, etc is not swearing…

I try to refrain, but sometimes it slips out, But If swearing my only concern, then I am doing great!

I believe I was answering a statement by Fish…

I had a temporary job computer position ( six month job ) at the church office building early 90s. I had a supervisor use thatword crap and I was really shocked hearing this word a few times. I told my wife of what he said and she told me that I should never use that word. I think I had heard Lavell Edwards use that one too. I guess it was OK for them but I don’t use it.

Again, it wasn’t Floyd’s comment. I use crap too. Look at Fish’s post.

Scott, based on your comment, I assumed you said I was swearing as well (which I admit I do at times).

That is why I posted what I did.

Here is the quote from Fish:

There, I came to your defense :innocent:

It would appear that the charges were dropped because of law enforcement error and a good lawyer. (per my source)

That is usually what happens when there is a screw up in law enforcements part. This officer must have totally gone off the rails. My bet is that there was some misdeeds on the part law enforcement. Clear and compelling evidence that was in favor of the defendant.

I think we just found our answer to Chaz

What did we find?

Recruiting at BYU will change: