Coaches Poll #23?

Here’s what I don’t get. The Big 12 is much better than the WCC. Both Gonzaga and SMU are ahead of BYU. SMU has one less loss and. How are they ahead of BYU? TCU is better than any team in the WCC.

That’s the coaches poll. What about the AP. Coaches don’t have time to analyze teams much. I believe the AP is a writer’s poll (I think) and writers tend to follow the teams more closely. It doesn’t really matter anyway. What matters is where they are at on selection Sunday.

2 Likes

They jumped to 20 in the AP poll–but still well behind KU and Baylor in that poll. They also dropped to 12 in the Net rankings. That’s a head-scratcher.

That is odd! We’ll see what happens in a few weeks on selection Sunday.

BYU is at #20 according from Deseret News

I’m fine with a jump in at 20, Read plenty that BYU would be #24 or 23. The ISU game would launch BYU into the 15 ranking, about where our NET sits. A loss would not change the ranking much but BYU HAS TO BEAT OSU at home or they are screwed.

Preach, brother. If we lose at home to Ok State, after they DEMOLISHED US at their place, BYU will not pass the smell taste with the committee–losing that game could knock us from a 4-6 seed to an 8 or even a 9.

BYU Bracketology: Where Will the Cougars Land in NCAA Tournament? (msn.com)