Coaching Staff Matter--IMHO only

Our linebackers were good in the Boise game. Even though they have little experience. Especially Algers.
There has to be a better expression you could use than “Come to the Lord” experience.

It is interesting that we are having this discussion about the starter. Hall started against 2 defenses that are ranked above 100. Romney against a BSU defense ranked #30.

For the record,
Utah is ranked #2 nationally in defense (per Massey)
Tenn- 49th
USC-28
Wash-16
Toledo-128
USF-102
BSU-30

USU-43
Lib-126
ISU-186 who cares
UMass-485 as in pluto, thid has to be a typo
SDSU-16 but terrible offense 152, typical Rocky Long team

I would keep Romney in for USU.

odds of winning. USU is 80% favored to win
SDSU, is a 67% favorite.

both on the road. I personally think that both games are over rated just because BYU has played the #10 toughest schedule and MW teams have not played anyone of consequence outside of USU vs. LSU (42-6)

Sorry, but my southern roots comes out every so often… That is where that phrase comes from.

my thoughts is that while Hall faced less of a defense, he also had to contend with players on the team not fulfilling their jobs to protect him.

I think Grimes is right, let them battle it out in practice, as long as there is not “politics” in the selection process, I think Hall should be given a chance to prove he can do what is needed now that Grimes is working with the O-line and players had been put on notice.

But I would be happy as well if Romney got the nod as well.

Fish, My main concern with Wilson this year was him trying to hard to “win” on his own, he took too many chances and made some dumb mistakes repeatedly.

Just wondering what you thought about Wilson performance this year.

I would not mind smacking USU down a peg, they sure seemed a bit cocky after last year.

I have noticed this year, their offense does not seem to be as good as it was last year.

I agree that it may be perfect timing to play USU. If Romney plays well we can score
28 -30. If he doesn’t play well then we have Hall to stick in. What a good problem to have.

The defense had better show signs of Sitake involvement or it won’t matter which QB we
Play.

Ya, those wins at Tennessee and beating USC were huge mistakes :smirk:
He would never had lost to Toledo and USF. And, if he had not been injured at the end of the USC game with the hip bruise, he would have performed better in the Washington game. Wilson’s the starter when he comes back. NFL talent can’t be sitting.

Scott, I know you have comprehension issues… But seriously

1. Wilson CAN NOT play against USU because he is still injured. So He is not even part of the conversation.
  2. Since Wilson is not in the discussion thread, what does USC and Tennessee games have to do with Hall or Romney starting against USU?

I also have to comment on the USC and Tennessee “wins”, the only reason we won was because of the Field Goal Unit kicking the game winning Field Goal. Wilson did great against those teams, but the defense let them get back into the game.
Since those two games, Our offensive line has gone down hill in performance and protection of the QB. Now as some has said, it could be because of injury, but as the O-line coach said on the radio " some of my players (meaning those offensive lineman) began reading their own press clipping and started thinking they were better than they are.

Never said he could play next week. I said when he comes back.

My point Scott… Follow the thread and you will see we are discussing the merits of starting Romney or Hall… The thread has nothing to do with when Wilson is coming back

You brought up Wilson and how you wanted to know how he did this year. That was in context with the Romney-Hall controversy post. So, you were bringing Wilson into this, sneakily.

Steve Young was on Sports Nation this morning. Listen to it. Great insight. He says, start Romney.
Young also said how BYU can beat better athletic team, the same way The Patriots do it.

Doesn’t really matter-the problem is, and it’s not really fair-whoever starts against USU and BYU loses. Everyone will be saying they should have started the other guy. I’m good with Hall or Romney-they both looked good when they played. Romney looks good throwing the ball and Hall really looked athletic. I believe Wilson is the future for the next two years and I’ll bet a nickel BYU won’t be able to hang on to all 3 of them

Not sure about that. Hall has a future in baseball. Romney isn’t going anywhere either. He knows Wilson can get hurt.

No, it was an “another question”, one is not tied to the other… Sorry your comprehension skills is not up to par…

Oh, I don’t know. It was part of the same post. So, it has to be about that too.
Tell me, do you believe like other Democrats that the Biden paragraph ties to the quid pro quo of the other paragraph in the famous phone call to the Ukraine President? If you do like Mitt does, then my comprehension about your Wilson comments should be easily understood by you :rofl:

Only in your delusional mind Scott, I made a point about Grimes comments, then I asked Fish a different question… Two different parts of the posts.

I don’t talk politics Scott, too many idiots on both sides of the isle to have an intelligent interchange.

It’s a perfect analogy of why you answered the way you did. The question is, “do you think the President should be impeached over the phone call?” If so, I understand your flip flop :slight_smile:

I’ve said it over and over. Wilson is NFL talent with a 18 year old brain. Makes stupid mistakes at critical times. He will learn but in the meantime, we will lose games.
Sitake will not name a starter until close to the game just so USU has to scout both Hall and Romney

I don’t buy into Hall having a different sets of challenges then Romney. A good QB remains cool under duress and that is why ROmney got the name “Cool Hand Luke” after last week’s performance. I have not seen Hall play but I saw what Romney did in what I thought was an improbable game to win and he stepped up big time.