Dance Watch, What will BYU be seeded in March?

More delusional, mistaken and misguided ideas about how things work. I’ll say it again because you seem to have selective memory and forget easily.

When Jimmer destroyed Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament and BYU moved to the WCC right after that there was no chance they were winning the league in basketball. Not then, not during the following 12 years they played in the WCC and not now, even if they were in the WCC. Where in the world do you come up with these delusional, misguided ideas?

Do you know what MPS is Jim? You sure seem to have it.

MPS = “Mormon Persecution Syndrome”

The refs are bias… Blah, blah, blah…

Every game you bring it up, and yet you dismiss comments by Pope towards officiating and somehow you know better and “why” Pope said what he said.

You dismiss Fish comments about “slow white guys”.

So, the next time you call out Hopper for the way he posts, look in the mirror, you are doing the same thing as he is doing with your constant whining about officiating.

Here is a plain fact, BYU is not that important for officials to be biased. BYU’s program is mediocre at best.

Officials are not biased against BYU, because they simply don’t care about BYU as a school.

You can twist the stats and “your observations” all you want, but it does not make it true. You can pound sound and throw a hissy fit, still does not make it true.

Talking to you about Officiating is like talking to Hopper on Political issues, it does no good.

I am out of the conversation.

MPS :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: That’s a good one.

What you are really saying is Hall is our point guard.

Pope got so desperate in the Baylor game, that he had Robinson bring the ball up court for a good part of the game (kinda kills his shooting). personally I would have Johnson at the point. Baker would of been perfect.

Now if we can convince Houdini that UCF is a easy team to beat and Robinson gets his mojo going, we get off the Big 12 snide.

1 Like

So officials are never biased unless they care about a team?

Sad that you won’t engage and explain what you are saying. I have always given you respect Floyd.

This is funny :rofl:

as of today, my five defenders have to be
Johnson
Saunders
(these two get the toughest assignments every game)
Khalifa
Hall
Robinson (he may be getting his legs back after the ankle injury but he sure acts tentative.)

Floyd we have been mediocre the last two years but we were very relevant for several years. Now we have a ranked team filling one of the biggest gyms in the country, in the best league in the country. So I think objectivelly our program is much better than mediocre right now.

Absolutely agree! The biggest question mark right now is the health of the team with all the ankle and foot injuries. What’s up with that? Last night, Johnson looked like he is finally over the illness he was talking about a couple of weeks ago.

As of last nights UCF Victory BYU is now 3-3 quad 1…

Thinking about where BYU needs to get to for a decent seed at the dance I looked at the last few years of B12 dance teams… it looks like to get a favorable seed, which I define as favored to reach the second weekend, BYU needs to get to 9-9, though 10-8 seems more likely to accomplish the goal.
BYU needs to pick up road wins and win out at home…
No real surprises…win and win again until everything works out…

2023:
(1) Kansas Jayhawks 13-5
(2)Texas Longhorns12-6
(3)Kansas State Wildcats 11-7
(3)Baylor Bears 11-7
(6)TCU Horned Frogs 9-9
(6)Iowa State Cyclones 9-9
(9) West Virginia Mountaineers 7-11

2022:
(1) Kansas Jayhawks 14-4
(1) Baylor Bears 14-4
(3) Texas Tech Red Raiders 12-6
(6) Texas Longhorns 10-8
(9) TCU Horned Frogs 8-10
(11) Iowa State Cyclones 7-11

2021:
(1)Baylor Bears 13-1
(1)Kansas Jayhawks 12-6
(3)Texas Longhorns 11-6
(3)West Virginia Mountaineers 11-6
(4) Oklahoma State 11-7
(6) Texas Tech 9-8
(8)Oklahoma Sooners 9-8

2019:
(3) Texas Tech 14-4
(4) Kansas State Wildcats 14-4
(4) Kansas Jayhawks 12-6
(9) Baylor Bears 10-8
(6) Iowa State Cyclones 9-9
(9) Oklahoma Sooners 7-11

2018:
(1) Kansas Jayhawks 13-5
(3) Texas Tech Red Raiders 11-7
(5) West Virginia Mountaineers 11-7
(9) Kansas State Wildcats 10-8
(6) TCU Horned Frogs 9-9
(10) Texas Longhorns 8-10
(10) Oklahoma Sooners 8-10

Solid breakdown…

I was going through Desnews today and ran across this article:

DOJ bolsters antitrust lawsuit against NCAA transfer rule - Deseret News

Apparently, the NCAA is getting hit on multiple sides. Not a legal expert, maybe someone who has a better understanding of the law can explain, what the two lawsuits is about and if they think the NCAA will lose the cases.

One interesting side note: in the article it says BYU’s Adam is sustained an injury and that is why he is not playing.

We know Adams has a foot injury. He got it playing in the Europe tour. I’m sure it’s fine now and he’s being held out for next year when there is no possible issue. If Knell can’t play, it would be nice to have Adams in there.

I have not talked to attorneys working for the NCAA in a long time…but teven in those days they knew that they were losing…laws do tend to follow what is considered moral…yes I know there are a thousand (perhaps millions) and one exceptions to that general statement. But the imbalance between athletes risk and reward compared to the schools risk and rewards are and have been large and growing larger.

The NCAAs only chance long term is to get Congressional Law in place…it is a proper place for Congress to act as under any view intercollegiate athletics is a very large multi-state business…the NCAA used to be mostly opposed to Congressional and all political interference…the states are starting to step in and so the NCAA is starting to look to Congress to save their bacon…

How collegiate athletics looks will be determined by judges who are mostly doing common law judge decision-making and so athletes will continue to win in the courts. Equity, the legal term not the SJW bastardization, is in favor of the athletes…but the schools and their organization, increasingly desperately need a standard set of rules that the states cannot provide…the wonderful idea of the “ laboratories of democracy,” doesn’t work very well for interstate business where different parts are located in different states…clearly my opinion here.

The proposition 12 case (dormant commerce clause case regarding California forcing national pork producers to follow California law) last year was highly fractured tending to allow the states to do what they want in regards to forcing other states to abide by the powerful states’ laws. But the NCAA has much more political power than the pork producers of America, and despite the wanning popularity of athletics, it is still a high status, highly connected activity…I haven’t looked at the athletic background of members of Congress recently, but at least historically, it was remarkably higher than the general populous. Just don’t ask Herschel Walker or Tommy Tubberville;)

1 Like

With college athletics no longer amateur in practice, my feeling is that athletes should now enter into employment contracts which means no transferring once the contract is signed. They can be one year or multi year contract. But no transferring twice in the same year under contract.

a simple week or two in a contracts class, maybe even business law class would teach you at least a couple of things about this statement.
1.) it depends on what the contract says…
2.) commercial contracts have ways out…

They can be written to keep players from breaking their contracts. I’m not worried about that. Players in pro sports have contracts that are pretty tight for at least one year.

good analysis.
BYU got one last night. not going to win in OK without Khalifa and now possibly Waterman out

I have BYU with 3 losses down the stretch. four or five losses. puts us in a 3 seed to a 6 seed.
seated @#8 in the net will help BYU big time

As I see it, only 4 quad 1 games left.
OK away…
Baylor home…
Kansas away…
Iowa State away…
a win at any one especially on the road will be a nice boost
the quad 2 games are nearly must wins so as to avoid the loss that looks weak on the schedule
especially a sweep of OK state and Kansas state…
though a sweep of CFU would be sweet too.

With 10 games left only 5 games left with likely dance teams…TCU is the only one of the five at home…so TCU game is surprisingly important.

1 Like

Player-led resurgence has Cougars knocking on the door of the Big Dance (msn.com)