Everyone thought this would be a piece of cake

So, no comments. Offense makes too many mistakes again and some bad play calls.

Do you think the Y will go to the top 5 in the rankings, do ya, well do ya? Maybe the top 2?

What a joke of a game by the Cougs. Maybe too much time with the girlfriends, or too much time with social justice, maybe too much time relishing the 15th ranking and Heisman fantasies.

If I was betting (and I do not), I would bet on Houston, Boise and San Diego.

Nah, these kinds of games happen. Also, UTSA isn’t a bad team.
I think we are good enough to get focused and play much better in Houston.

1 Like

“I don’t think it was getting to our heads, the rankings and all,” Kaufusi said. I don’t think they will have to be concerned about the rankings getting to their heads after the rankings come out today because they won’t be ranked.

Moved up 2 places to #13 in the Coaches and stayed #15 in the AP

That is weird, cause in previous years - if ranked - BYU would have been at the lower end or out of the top 25.

Many have had a chance to see BYU play this year. It will take a loss to do that.

October 11, 2020, AP Poll

No. 14 BYU (4-0)

After their first disappointing performance of the season – a 27-20 win as a five-touchdown favorite over UTSA – Kalani Sitake’s Cougars must turn the page a little more quickly than normal: Their next opponent is a Houston team that handed Tulane two defensive touchdowns and still won by three scores. BYU was a little too generous to the UTSA passing game and have some things to shore up if it doesn’t want to get sucked into a high-scoring affair in Houston. – Connelly

Agree with that. Tulane isn’t much of a team either. So, how high must we score to win? 63? 63 - 59 BYU

grasshopper,

“how high must we score to win? 63? 63 - 59 BYU”

I think that for all remaining games, now on schedule, we should do as well and look as good as we did for the first 3 games, and especially as good as we looked in the Navy Game.

For the two games vs. Houston and Boise State, that will not be easy to do, but whatever the score is, we should strive to look as good as we did in the Navy game and score better than we did in the Texas-SanAntonio game.

Do you agree? What is your opinion.

We made a lot of mistakes innthe UTSA game. Muffed handoffs and bad hikes. Bad play calling and we should give up on the WR end sweeps.

On defense, we lost one of the starting 3 on the line for the season. We will have to do more 4 and 5 line and put pressure on the QBs. DBs have to not get so lost and give up 3rds and long.

Scott,

In this post, I totally agree with all that you said. Thank you.

“We made a lot of mistakes in the UTSA game. Muffed handoffs and bad hikes. Bad play calling and we should give up on the WR end sweeps”.

“On defense, we lost one of the starting 3 on the line for the season. We will have to do more 4 and 5 line and put pressure on the QBs. DBs have to not get so lost and give up 3rds and long.”

Scott, when we stick to football, I think that we might like each other because many of our ideas are the same. We should never mention politics to each other because that is where our tolerance for each other is extremely llimited.

Trump… :joy:. Just kidding…