Fall from grace

There is already talk among my friends in the south with comments that amount to, “See BYU is a sham team that does not belong anywhere near the top ten and certainly not a NY6 game.” And thoise comments have happened a number of times in the past 10 years and I have no legs to stand on with them as a BYU fan.

I understand. Just forget that all this happened in the 2nd quarter of the only game in which it rained. The other 23 quarters were just an anomaly that there was no problem with fumbles. I watched the 2nd quarter and the rain poured hard for much of it and especially during the fumbles. Watch the replay. And, the rain was slower at the end of the 2nd quarter but it was still raining. Naw, The probably of the rain not affecting the players improperly protecting the ball is very low. We were not properly prepared for wet play. Neither was Hall gripping the ball properly in the rain.

Not sure where you get this from in front of your tv. I was there and the rain never poured hard, but there will never be any convincing you or maybe a slight drizzle is pouring hard in California. It doesn’t really matter. BSU was the better team that particular day and the loss was a big loss for BYU-one that shouldn’t of happened. I’m going to throw one out there that probably the majority of you won’t agree with-the key drive in the game was when BSU drove down the field on their second possession and kicked a field goal. It showed them how they could exploit the BYU defense and they pretty much used the same scheme throughout the game. BYU will have another bowl game, but no NYD bowl and no playoff contention. I’m not sure at this point whether Romney isn’t the better QB option. Hall didn’t play poorly, but wasn’t exactly sharp and never was able to use his mobility. Nevertheless, the defense will continue to be an issue, until they learn to trust their db’s one on one and starting letting the fur fly

1 Like

Good grief. We all have the game recorded. Why are you saying this? It was pouring.

So the television is a better portrayal of the rain than the actual eyewitness. The EYEWITNESS!!!

Both teams played in the same conditions. The less talented team didn’t turn the ball over and the more talented team turned it over 4 times and had more penalties. There is nothing more to it than that. Boise didn’t dominate BYU’s defense and BYU moved the ball. Boise took advantage of mistakes, nothing more, nothing less. I don’t blame the rain since it fell on both teams to the best of my knowledge.

Nope, I was watching the game on TV and it was definitely raining on BYU, not on Boise St. Every time a BYU player had the ball it was raining. When BSU players got the ball it wasn’t raining.

At least that is what I saw on TV, good grief. :joy:

I was going to post something like that. So good on ya. :slightly_smiling_face:

I will stick to my original conclusion of the game, BSU came to play, BYU started reading their own press clippings and thought BSU would just roll over an play dead.

Algiers who is normally sure handed (he has been running through stronger and tougher lines than BSU) was lackadaisical in securing the ball.

EVERY running back is taught from little league to College that once you hit the line of scrimmage, you make sure that both hands are on the ball. It does not matter if the sun is out or it is a monsoon pouring down, "Both hand on the ball"

Hahahahahaahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha, well, that shut down that argument. for those of you trying to argue with a Narcist, please, already. just say, “you’re right, I’m wrong” Problem solved.

And another point that Reed threw out there:

With 1/2 the season gone, We can now look objectively at just how good our cougs are and our odds of winning the rest.
Starting a new thread:

Good grief! You have eyes, I have eyes. Watch the replay or you have nothing to add. This has to be the dumbest debate of all time. It wasn’t a drizzle.

Actually every running back is taught the 3 point tuck of the ball in one arm. Yes, in the rain, they should get that off hand over the ball as well. But, when you are slip-sliding around as Katoa was, it’s easier said than done to get that hand over the ball. And, to keep that 3rd point of contact. The real problem here is for people to know what rain is.

You’re one to argue about narcissism. I could be the prophet and tell you to come to Adam-Ondi-Aman because the Lord is there and you’d stay home. Right! Narcissist.

That is when they are in the open field Scott, but once you go into the line of scrimmage, they are taught to use both hands to secure the ball from being “punched out”.

Not to be picky, and I know you are trying to make a different point, but even if you were the Prophet, this would never happen the way you explained it. :grinning:

Why?

Because the church only uses the chain of command to get “official” declarations out to the members.

In 1978 while on my mission, I heard a lot of “information” about the blacks and the Priesthood. Someone asked me what I thought about these rumors. My answer is still the same today “I will wait until I hear the declaration through the proper church communication”, until then, I have no comment on the matter.

Later that week, our mission president sent out the letter from the First Presidency.

As for the narcist comments, I will leave that alone, don’t want to go down that rabbit hole.

Aside from that, the Giants losing last night sucked.

Not the rain.
Not the opponent.
Not the footing.
99% of all fumbles, including our 3 vs BSU, happen when your mind doesn’t remind your body to secure the ball. Allgeier punched out the ball vs ASU because the kid was focused on a TD, not on securing the ball. All 3 punchouts vs BSU were because the runner forgot that priority #1 for every ballcarrier on every touch is DO NOT FUMBLE THE DAM# BALL.

What perfect timing! Look at the photo of Abram Smith carrying the ball about a third of the way down. He is in “protect the rock” mode even in the open field. Great photo and great technique.

I have said all season that this 3 game stretch of @Baylor, @WSU and home against Virginia was our toughest three. We all had BYU losing one of our 1st three, Utah, ASU and USF. So this game is a litmus game, if ever there were one.

On Paper, it looks like a Baylor win but then everybody in the country had Utah winning their 10 straight. If Hall runs, I like our chances.

I have seen rain on TV that looks like heavy rain but is not. Rain on TV is not an accurate representation like being there is. I would trust those who were there to give an analysis of the rain and how heavy it was, not something I saw on TV.

When it comes to replays though I would trust the cameras/angles for replays over what someone saw in real time. Those are totally different perceptions.