Famed David Stern dies at age 77

I am with you about Stern. The NBA is strictly entertainment. The players in the league are dominated by blacks and people like Stern and other NBA Commissioners who made the NBA an predominately a black league which has heavily favored African Americans over non-black Americans. Lets just think about the Jimmer and the Sacramento Kings.I don’t say that blacks are in general not qualified, because in my opinion, many or most of them are the greatest players because of their superior athletic abilities because of their natural superior superior, quickness, and agility over players of other races. But many non-blacks have been kept out of the NBA or because in my opinion, Commissioners like Stern have favored blacks over non-blacks.
More blacks (about 83%) make up the NBA because their is some political pressure by Commissioners like Stern to promote a predominately black league.

If I remember right Estes was killed a few days after BYU beat USU in Provo that I attended. Estes was a great player. He played bigger (taller) than he was.

So, if blacks are superior athletically for basketball, then wouldn’t it make sense most players would be black? Why is that racist?

Jimmer is not an NBA player for no other reason…he just isn’t. Think of the Euro league as the B team. The NBA, the A team. Jimmer dominates B talent but when matched against A talent, he gets dominated.

Case in point, NBA teams are built to exploit any weakness on the opposing team. Point G with the ball comes down court, passes to a dominate player, they’re star, every team has a star…the point sets a pick on the defensive team’s best defender, Ta Da, Star player is now defended by a smaller guard, every stinking time. Jimmer could guard another guard, no problem but the NBA game is designed to get a mismatch on every play and Jimmer can’t guard a forward or even a really quick guard. Another way to put it, You can’t hide Jimmer on a NBA team, he would get exploited on every single play.

BTW, Really not comfortable calling the league black or that commissioners favor certain races other then there are a disportionate % of really tall blacks walking around as compared to Asian or Hispanic. The safe answer is body type. If you live in the big city, there are few options to do growing up, play hoop or get into trouble so kids hone their craft from an early age. You show up with the tools of the trade, ball in one hand and your best Jordans, cause you have to look good.
The rest of the world plays soccer, here in the USofA, we play basketball.

Jimmer’s biggest issue in the NBA is that he does not know how to play defense well… That is the bottom line, he is a liability on the defensive side of the floor.

Jimmer was scoring a bunch and playing a lot while in China. Now he’s not. Different league but bigger players. Although mostly white. The European leagues exploit his defense too. But, Bryant and Davies have the same issue. A bit too slow. I’m surprised about Bryant not playing more and scoring more. He had size and was quick. Davies shooting was suspect. So, it’s not just a black and white issue. I think Fish is right about the amount of playing time growing up as well.

A person would be liar, or a fool, to not admit that blacks are better basketball players. The numbers prove it. They dominate at the college and pro level in terms of both numbers of players and quality of performance. Blacks dominating in the NBA didn’t start with David Stern. The NBA was overwhelmingly black even before Stern. As early as the late 60s a majority of the starting players in the NBA were black and a majority of the stars were black. The trend was apparent long before David Stern came along.

As to why blacks are better basketball players is debatable. I think it is a combination of physiological and sociological reasons. I don’t think it can be entirely written off due to sociological reasons. It plays a major role for sure but they also dominate in all track and field events that require speed and jumping ability. They now dominate in football and have done so for years. They dominate all the skill positions that require speed. Baseball is one sport where they don’t dominate but they are disproportionately represented even in baseball in terms of the percentage of players as compared to their percentage of the overall population. To say that blacks are naturally superior athletically may be politically incorrect but it is probably true at least in terms of sports where speed and quickness are a great advantage. I don’t see this as a racist view. I think it is a verifiable fact based on statistics and observation. It doesn’t say anything negative about blacks. It just recognizes an area where they excel. It doesn’t suggest they inferior in any other way it just acknowledges an area where they excel. Obviously I won’t be running for congress so maybe I can get away with writing this. Anyway it is just an opinion but I think it is a compelling one. .

Yes, in general black basketball players have more speed, agility, and quickness than non-black players. It is a fact that eighty-some per cent of the players in the NBA are black. My opinion is that the recent Commissioners of the NBA have given into a black culture that has led to many of the best black players have in some cases led to player managed teams that have overcome the owners and management of the NBA to a situation where whoever owns or runs a team have lost control of their teams. Examples are the Michael Jordan’s running of the Chicago Bulls several decades ago and teams like the Lakers being influenced by Kobe and now current stars running their teams overtaking the coaches and owners. The only issues with race are that whoever owns or is delegated to manage or coach teams are being over taken by the super-star players in their desire as they want to pick the players over management and coaches. This leads to an imbalance of competition. Example: When three super-stars got together to make the Miami Heat champions and Cleveland was sent to the bottom and when the Okla. City franchise lost its beat player to the Golden Stars Warriors and now the Lakers are "rebuilding’ with the same Cleveland super-star who went to the Heat to make a three super-star team which won the title in Miami. Part of it is free-agency and part of it is what I see as under the table deals by super-star players wanting to play together to get rings. Is this type of player activity that is a sort of colusion as was adjudicated in baseball several years ago?

I agree with what you wrote. There’s nothing wrong with saying there are more top black athletes in speed and jumping sports. But, I think that’s because of the sociological reasons. We don’t see a lot of blacks in swimming, golf, tennis (men’s), gymnastics and many others sports. We see blacks heavily in basketball, football and in boxing.

ARO: I agree with your post completely. My choice of words may have been mistaken, but what you said about basketball, track and field and baseball I agree. What I did mean is that the way the major sports are being run in the pros and the Olympics may lead to stacked teams with players who want to play together to get rings and medals. Ironically in the Winter sports non-blacks are pre -dominant in sports like skiing, ice hockey, figure skating and most sliding sports. In the summer Olympics non-blacks predominate in swimming and diving. As you said blacks pre-dominate in track and field.

League expansions may have contributed to the loss of control. It spead up the free agency and the ability to form unions. Baseball started it.

I agree with the general sentiment on all this and I think it’s right on. In fact, I don’t see any major disagreements on this topic. I have two takes.

1. I think NBA American white guys (AWG) get slightly worse treatment by coaches, officials, teammates, and opponents. I’m not complaining about this…just stating a fact. When I say “worse,” I mean refs are a little harsher on AWG and opponents (who are mostly black) play a little harder against AWG. I think black guys play harder against AWG. And I’ll tell you what was a terrible combination: when Jimmer would drive, get contact from a black defender, and there was a black official. 95%+ of those times, Jimmer wouldn’t get a call.

2. What bugs me more is how political the NBA has become. There is a long list of NBA coaches who have publicly stated their distain for Trump, such as Poppovich, Stotts, Kerr, Stan Van Gundy, etc. Do these coaches really hate Trump and love liberals? Maybe. But I would suggest that it would be career suicide for an NBA coach to proclaim support for any conservative politician. This is unfortunate as these coaches are either sell-outs, or there is a politically uneven playing field where only liberals are allowed to speak out for their beliefs and conservatives must stay muted or face the consequence of losing their jobs and careers.

I wonder if that changes if more and more blacks are now in support of Trump because of his policies lifting so many blacks out of poverty, welfare and low incomes.

I completely agree.
Sports and Hunting/Fishing were safe heavens from a political world. A place we could all decompress until these jerk coaches made it a thing to not visit the White House or make a Kaepernick statement. We, the fan, don’t pay you to tell us which way to vote! We pay you to play a sport we all love to watch.

They too are being lead by the left wing media. Same with the politicians as much of the media is owned by left wing Hollywood or the tech world.

Good points GH.

To me Lavell got yo play two or seasons at USU, but he was effective for BYU for 19 years as a coach, most of those seasons big time.

Good posts fish and Latimer. NBA coaches are playing to the majority of black players and fans.

Are the fans really in favor of the left wing crap? I don’t think so. They are mostly capitalists. All we see on TV are the left wing fans.