Flood Gates Opens

If you believe that about the football team then there is no hope. Same with Basketball. “Favorites” is based on practice and how well they are fitting in to the system. As I said, Dastrup could have made it but went somewhere he was told he can make the starting 5 without much effort. The others can make it too. Maybe not start but play lots of minutes. The problem is our kids think they are entitled to play 30 minutes a game. If not, the act stunned. Typical of today’s youth.

Every time you mention Dastrup in a post you make it clear that you have no idea what you are talking about.

It’s kind of an interesting phenomena and humorous. Keep doing it, it’s great comic relief.

Until Utah 159 days!

And the men’s volleyball team is basically average…

Now, Child is leaving BYU to try his luck in the NBA or Europe…

That is Europe, Asia and where ever except the NBA.

I agree, not sure if he has what it takes to make it in the NBA…

I know he comes from a single mom family, so maybe that is part of the drive to leave is so that he can help his family more. Who knows?

Just more selfishness. His mom is doing fine. He just doesn’t want to help his teammates. Why don’t players at BYU take Jimmer’s example. He’s actually producing overseas and making good money. I actually think he can make it in the NBA.

Yeah, why don’t more players follow Jimmer and be the player of the year in college basketball? LOL!

Yoeli is a good player but he isn’t going to the nba. He can play overseas and make some good money. He will not make it in the nba and staying at BYU would not help him make it in the nba.

I guess you forgot about the summary I did about the nba draft and who is drafted… not many seniors who have played 4 years of college basketball are nba picks.

That was your opinions on who makes it in the NBA. Fortunately, you don’t get to choose. He has the offense and defense to play. Another year would help him to be drafted in the 1st round.
And, so would some others like Mika have benefited staying. It didn’t hurt Ainge staying. He could have left after his junior year too. Jabbar is correct. It didn’t hurt him.

How do you know Scott? Are you living in their ward or are you their bishop? What an assine answer.
There was an article in the desert news about Child’s mom and how she had to work several jobs to make a life for her boys.

Being a single mom is hard, there is no “fine”… Good grief what moronic statement.

1 Like

You mean where Jimmer could not make it in the NBA, then could not cut it in the European leagues so he had to settle in a lesser class league in China… You mean that type of producing?

To the rest of the posters, I am being sarcastic and just showing how inane some of grasshopper comments are.

Who said Jimmer couldn’t cut it in Europe had he played there? Silly statement. Had he been given a fair shake in the NBA he would have made it there too. Think before you respond :slight_smile:

Do you know anything about her situation now? No. So why are you responding?

No it’s not my “opinion”. It is factual. I did some research and I even provided you with links to prove it. That is your problem, you don’t pay attention to facts when they get in the way of your opinion and what you want.

The vast majority of nba players are guys who leave early from school and foreign players who didn’t go to college. Look it up and you will see the same thing.

None of it means anything in whether Childs will make an NBA team. He has the talent, skills and mentality to do so.

How dumb are you? I said I read in an article about Child’s mom and the struggles she went through.
Here is the article:

YOUR COMMENT: Who said Jimmer couldn’t cut it in Europe
Where is he playing? Europe or China?
Why isn’t he playing in Europe since that is where he first started?
All these questions has answers…

It’s called money. You lost this debate.

Which comes back to my original point that he is leaving “FOR MONEY” to help his family out…

You lose the debate.

Is there anyone who twists facts and truth and wriggles around more than the hopper?

No, nobody.

It was for Jimmer. Doesn’t mean it’s the same for Childs. You do know Childs is not Jimmer, don’t you :slight_smile: