Found this article about BYU ticket pricing

By the way, I wasn’t elevating myself above anyone. I praised you and your dad. I was specifically talking about the company I’m working with. They have had to make changes over the 46 years of existence because of all sorts of reasons out of their control and some because they wanted to grow bigger and stronger. Just like what BYU is doing. The working force hasn’t liked all the changes. But to stay relevant and successful, the company has had to make changes that the agents don’t always like. Especially change in technology and with competition. Reps that don’t like the change quit and go elsewhere. Bye-bye! BYU is a business too. Not everyone likes the changes. Either adapt or bye-bye. The business has to succeed or thousands of employees that are tied to or influenced will be out of a job. Including the coaches we want and need. These people who think they own their seats are living in lala land.

can you please show me where i said you had no experience in business?

i said you will never admit BYU makes mistakes.

Jim no longer runs a company. And, his dad ran the company. They ran into the challenges many businesses do. Regulators, politics and increased costs and other usual business related stuff.

Let me help you step by step…
You said “ I guess I just understand big business better than you apparently do”. referring to Jim.

I said:
“Not really, Jim actsally ran a business”. again referring to your comment that Jim does not understand big business.

So nowhere do I state anything about your qualification for understanding big business.

Strep by Step logical discussion.

1 Like

The business Jim and his awesome dad ran was a small business. Very small. BYU is a very large business. Let’s remember what the conversation is about. I simply said I’m part of a very large mid cap corporation. Thus, I understand the workings better when it comes to making company wide changes and the financial changes necessary.
The fans wanted this change. There are consequences to any change and some are never happy. They want to go back to their traditional beliefs on how things should be that can’t be done.

It’s the most genuinely satisfying thing you can experience. Nice job Floyd.

Nope. Doesn’t sound at all like you are attempting to elevate yourself over anyone else. There is a significant communication issue regarding comprehension. I understood what Floyd posted and what the people he was talking about experienced. Yes, it is about money. Everything is these days and we are on the verge of a significant recession because of it.

My issue was not about money, it was about customer service. That is something else that is severely lacking in today’s economy. I’m sure you understand that. I don’t care who you work for and the reality of the situation is that it probably hasn’t been as great is it should be but that is beside the point. I don’t really care about that.

I agree with you that BYU has to do certain things to keep up. I think they could have and STILL worked better with their customers. Across the board businesses are failing in that respect but it is just an indication of where society is in general. We aren’t in a good place in many respects.

1 Like