Happy 4th of July!

People in Bakersfield are crazy! Setting off large display style fireworks in the rich neighborhoods for 4 hours. Sounded like a war zone. It was great!

1 Like

Residential fireworks in California? I thought those things were outlawed. B t w, I used to work as a reporter at channel 29 in Bakersfield eons ago.

Yep! Unbelievable. Big style fireworks, medium and small big booms. It was awesome! Many towns outlaw them but many do allow them.

People in Bakersfield are crazy!

DO YOU LIVE IN BAKERSFIELD?

Setting off large display style fireworks in the rich neighborhoods for 4 hours.

I AGREE THIS IS VERY CRAZY DURING OUR DROUT AND FIRE HAZARD POTENTIAL.

Sounded like a war zone. It was great!

WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THE SOUND OF BOMBS AND ASULT FIRE BLASTING?

I AGREE THIS IS CRAZY.

HAVE YOU EVER SERVED IN THE MILITARY?

Silly response…you can do better…don’t have to be in the military to know what a war zone sounds like. But thank you for your service…

As I was saying, we were visiting family and it was crazy the types of fireworks that were shot into the sky.

A long time ago, I umpired a Regional baseball tournament here in Utah. We had a team from Oakland at the tournament.

One of the things that was common for this hosting team to do was shoot off a cannon (very small) for home runs.

Well when they shot off the cannon for the game Oakland was playing, all the players hit the ground. You see these players were conditioned because of all the shootings that goes on in their home town.

Luckily, the director understood and we stopped shooting off the cannon as a sign of respect for the Oakland players.

BTW, these players had host families that took care of their needs and many of them camped out under the stars for the first time ever. They never knew how beautiful the night sky was (according to several players).

Hey Floyd so this is where the cannonball came from? You realize I live not too far from you :slight_smile:

This event was down in Nephi, Utah.

Nephi really? And it made it all the way to my house 74 miles WOW!!! Sorry I was just kidding