Help on the defensive line and offensive hopes

I saw this article on KSL and thought some of you might enjoy reading about “Sack Kelly” our new edge rusher for the defense.

Weber State transfer Jack Kelly out to make most of BYU, Big 12 opportunity | KSL.com

Then this article by former Cougar, Ben Criddle about the linebackers:
Ben Criddle: Cornerbacks is one of the more intriguing position groups | KSL.com

Then this article details what Arod “hopes” happens… With his track record, who knows?

BYU football: Cougars will rely on continuity to fix their sputtering offense – Deseret News

What? BYU has a “sputtering offense”?

How can this be? I thought the offensive coordinator was just trying to keep the defenses guessing in an effort to use trickery and deception to win games.

Unfortunately that trickery and deception has allowed him to keep his job as he has tried to fool more than just BYU’s opponents! :joy:

I read the article and it was a blame the players by Arod. Not ONE declaration of coaches accountability.
He even said Retzlaff had some real positive games. I admit his first game gave me some hope, but he was really, really in over his head the last 3. He talked about these great drives by Retzlaf and how he just needed to be helped and make some better decisions on a couple plays a game. You mean those good drives where he handed the ball off? Just a couple of plays?? Sheeezz. I had some hope for Arod, not much, but less now. Whos he trying to fool? As you said,

It could be his narcissistic ways that has the Hopper defending him so viciously!

Roderick on Retzlaff:
“Roderick said he played reasonably well against West Virginia, had a setback against Iowa State, and then had two solid outings to finish the season against OU and OSU.”

Against OU Retzlaff was 15/26 for 173 yards with 2TDs and a game-losing 100 yard pick six.
Against OSU he was 14/30 for 161.

ARod clearly has a pretty low bar for a “solid outing.” Two games under 175 yards passing are solid games? Should I laugh, or should I cry? Or laugh till I cry?

3 Likes

Kelly looks like a good player. We learned last year that an all conference FCS player (Heckard) can be a major contributor in a P4 conference. Hopefully we see the same from Kelly!