Holmoe has completely mishandled this

I think we would have to call him Coach N or Coach Ken :smile:
Thereā€™s still Kyle. Who knows in this crazy world of forgiveness :smile:

The players are good with it even though itā€™s a bit strange feelings they have. Who else would be able to coach them? Especially against rivals like Utah.

The fact that Bronco is leaving is problem enough. The NCAA has considered a rule to prohibit university A from contacting the coach of university B before university B has played their last game, but the legislation failed.

Probably the reason for this is because university C wants to fire their coach at the end of the season, and be able to encroach the coaches of both university a and university b before recruiting season goes in earnest beginning in January.

I donā€™t feel for university C at all. Too bad. They want to play within the NCAA they will just have to live up to the rules. And, the high school recruiting will have to start a month later. Too bad. This problem needs to be delt with.

Grasshopper, I am on board with you.

-Generally, teams playing beyond the first Monday in January arenā€™t going to be firing their head coach. Therefore, the NCAA should implement this rule:

-From the first Monday in November to the first Monday in January, no NCAA member institution may speak to anyone employed by another NCAA institution as either a Head Football Coach or an Assistant Football coach about filling a vacant coaching position. Any school in violation of this rule will not be eligible to participate in any post-season game the following season.

1 Like

Perfect! Thatā€™s what is needed

grasshopper,

My concern is that with all the pressure on him to do recruiting for Va at the same time that is needed to get the team ready for the bowl game vs. Utah, that his mindset is going to be more important for the team that he is going to than the team that he is leaving.

His mind set might be more on what needs to be done for Va than what needs to be done for BYU.

For example, when he saw his team rattled which left us in a 35-0 deficit in the first five minutes, would his mind set be to call a time out and get the team calmed down after the first 7 point loss or would his mind set be on what he needs to be doing for Va.

Obviously, with a 35-0 score in the first five minutes of the game vs. Utah, his mind was not set on calling a time out to get the cougars settled and unraveled.