How can we be this bad?

This isn’t rocket science. Nowhere was I talking about St. Mary’s. BYU basketball team this year won’t control another’s offense unless the opponent is really bad. We have to outscore other teams. Rose has been using a fast pace scoring offense for several years because of this fact. He’s always had a real shooter-scorer to cause difficulties for defenses. We don’t have that person this year. At least from the guard line.

Agree that BYU doesn’t have a shooter-scorer this year… so why do they insist CF be that player? or KC?

I keep asking the same thing but what is wrong with trying to play team basketball and get some contributions from other players? Seljaas was that guy for a few games… I think Chatman or Aytes can be that buy and maybe even some others. I keep asking the question… please answer that one for me.

JH: Agree that BYU doesn’t have a shooter-scorer this year… so why do they insist CF be that player? or KC?

SG: Because Rose didn’t change the offense which requires KC to do what he does and Fischer to be the New Haws. We do occasionally drop it into the post. But there isn’t really any two man games going on and there should be. But when we change the line up every game it’s hard to get players doing the right things as a team. So you get seniors like KC and CF trying to lead their teams to victory. Sometimes it works and sometimes they get called names by fans :wink:

BYU needs to start looking for a new basketball HC.

4 of 6 games we are on the road and we got this first lost. If we are not above 50% then time to sit CF and put in NH, JC & 8’s more so they be ready next year. CF is not the answer any more just like Matty! Yeah, I am not DR and he is the boss. Last night game I was moping at our team ramming in the lane going nowhere. If we lose to Pepperdine two more times - Bye bye NIT.

1 Like

Too late for benching players. Stick with a rotation. Bring players off the bench and we could rotate 10 players theouout the game. Keep players fresher. Practice making contested layups. Keep practicing free throws.
Keep trying to teach proper positioning on defense. I with DR would change the offense.