How many QBs is enough?

You’re a good man, fish. Pardon the oxymoron.

BYU just added another. Detmer’s nephew
Ty Detmer's 3-Star QB Nephew Zadock Dinkelmann Commits to BYU | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report’?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

Points to be made:
Dinkelmann has to be tough with a name like that. LOL
Watch his video, rated the #3 QB in Texas, 6’5ish and 213 as a Jr.
Plays in very big stadiums that feel like college games…against very good defenses!!
Committed in the 8th game to play for LSU
As a Jr, very good at reading defenses
Exceptional at checking off his reads.
Strong and good at getting out of trouble.

This guy has star written all over him

Can you imagine Mangum playing two more years? Dinkleman comes next year, runs the scout team and starts as a sophomore. I know I am getting ahead of myself but I see a fierce level of competition brewing for the backups. Beau Hodge, Koy Detmer, Austin Kafentzis, Kody Wilstead, Joe Critchlow, Mason Fakahua, did I miss anyone? I don’t know much about Wilstead, Critchlow or Fakahua but they can’t all play. I’d say Beau Hodge will convert to a slot receiver which he also played in HS. He’s got mobility and always seems to bolt out of the pocket rather than trusting his arm. Koy is simply too small and will never start. I don’t think he could play any other position so he will most likely finish his career on the bench. Kafentzis is an athlete and will end up playing safety before his career ends. Wilstead, Critchlow and Fakahua will battle it out for 2nd or 3rd on depth chart and the other two will transfer out of the program. How’s that for looking into the future? Of course, they will all prove me wrong but its fun to conjecture.

Thank you fish.

I remember when we could not get a power conference team to come to Provo. This season we will have, Utah Utes, and Wisconsin Badgers coming to Provo while LSU meets us at a neural site in Houston.

We indeed had our Glory years in the 1980’s while in the WAC, but there was no time greater than last season and this season for the SOS and the respect that goes with that SOS.

Our Seasons that gave us the NC and the H and the Miracle Bowl for many was the highlight of the BYU Cougar Football History, but for me, and perhaps only for me, one of our greatest seasons under LaVel Edwards, whom I have always loved and still do, was during his last season when we went 6-6 for the season and was down to our third string QB due to injuries when we play the toughest SOS of his career. Think about that !!! His last SOS was about the same as the average of our last two seasons when we finished 9-0 or was it 10 wins?

I really feel, with our ability each season, to play more and more P5 teams, we are about to reach the next level in a significant way,

As we play a stronger SOS, quality players will want to play for us. As more quality players sign to play for us, the better and more powerful and more respected team wi will become.

I love the direction that our current coaches and our AD are not taking us.

I love the way that finally, our fan base is having more confidence that we can play respectable SOS seasons without padding the schedule to guarantee wining seasons and a bowl game.

LaVel Edwards final season, 6-6, playing Mississippi State, Va., Georgia Tech.,and three other power conference teams, gave me more pride in our Cougars, than any other season playing our WAX schedule plus other easy teams.

Glen, I certainly agree with you on most issues including the quote above. I go a bit further. Not only the left, but most all Californians that witnessed BYU and Salt Lake City interfering with the California elections to the extent that they did.

The spot light has turned to some extent to other issues, but reading the posting on this sight, I think you will agree that the LGBT issue is still very much the topic of conversation inside the church and those watching us from outside the Church.

I think you will agree, that as a back lash, perhaps, the LGBT community has used it’s National power, call it retribution, to keep us out of all Power Conferences. (Pac 12/Big 12) no other has come calling.

As ye sew, so shall ye reap. Do onto others as ye would have them do onto you. Judge not, lest ye be judged and leave all judging to God;

Love thy neighbor as thy self. On and on and on, but we have members that choose to pick and choose the commandments that satisfied their needs more and find reasons to not obey the scriptures or explain away the importance of those that do not satisfy their needs.