If Independent is not a sustainable option more than a couple of years, Let’s plan for a new conference now

My PRE SEASON rankings below come from Lindy’s College Football addition on the shelves through September 10th, 2015. I have read that Sports Illustrated has a more favorable ranking for us, but I have not been able to find it in print.

If we were to take the best teams that are not in the P5 conferences and form a new conference with those teams, our conference might look like the following:

A                                                        B

22 Boise State (MWC) # 40 Memphis (AAC)

#51 Northern ILL. (MAC) #42 Cincinnati (AAC)
#52 UCF (AAC) #45 Bowling Green (MAC)
#62 Navy (AAC) #46 BYU ( Independent)
#65 Utah State (MWC) #68 temple ( AAC)
#71 SDS (MWC) # 72 Toledo (MAC)

Average ranking for each division is well within the P5 range as half of
128 teams is 64. The top half being P5 and the bottom half being G5.
Approximately.

A = 53.833--------------------------------B. = 52.166 Difference = 1.667

As a whole, conference ranking average would be 52.999

Boise State would always be the winner of the A Group while it would be a shoot out between Memphis, Cincinnati, Bowling Green and BYU to play Boise State for the conference Championship . Each game would be meaningful and exciting. Boise State should love this, while BYU should love being in the strongest division.

Each division falls well within the P5 range.

1/2 OF 128 Teams = 64. The above teams would have 4 teams in the G5 half and 8 team in the P5 half. The average would be 53 which is well within the P5 groupings. There would be argument enough to consider this conference as a P6 conference.

On the waiting list would be:

75 Colorado State (MWC)

77. East Carolina (AAC)

While staying with the Independents remains my number 1 choice until such time as we can get into a P5 conference, no other option comes close for me to the new conference option with the possibility of become a P6 conference member.

As a back up plan, It is my belief that our AD should be working on this alternate plan, if indeed, he believes that being an Independent is not an option during the long run. Of course our number one choice is to be in a power conference, be in a P5 or P6 conference.

Think of names for this new conference that would make the majority of these teams happy. Post your names for not only the conference, but also for the two divisions of this conference.

Not as a reply, but in a better format for easier reading:

If Independent is not a sustainable option more than a couple of years, Let’s plan for a new conference now
Football

Ronald Uharriet

My PRE SEASON rankings below come from Lindy’s College Football addition on the shelves through September 10th, 2015. I have read that Sports Illustrated has a more favorable ranking for us, but I have not been able to find it in print.

If we were to take the best teams that are not in the P5 conferences and form a new conference with those teams, our conference might look like the following:

A                                                        B

22 Boise State (MWC)---------------------# 40 Memphis (AAC)
51 Northern ILL. (MAC)------------------- #42 Cincinnati (AAC)
52 UCF (AAC) -------------------------------#45 Bowling Green (MAC)
62 Navy (AAC)------------------------------ #46 BYU ( Independent)
65 Utah State (MWC)-----------------------#68 temple ( AAC)
71 SDS (MWC) ------------------------------# 72 Toledo (MAC)

Average ranking for each division is well within the P5 range as half of
128 teams is 64. The top half being P5 and the bottom half being G5.
Approximately.

A = 53.833--------------------------------B. = 52.166 Difference = 1.667

As a whole, conference ranking average would be 52.999 Well within the

Boise State would always be the winner of the A Group while it would be a shoot out between Memphis, Cincinnati, Bowling Green and BYU to play Boise State for the conference Championship . Each game would be meaningful and exciting. Boise State should love this, while BYU should love being in the strongest division.

Each division falls well within the P5 range. (128 teams divided by 2 = 64 teams)
Top 64 in the P5 range and bottom 64 in the G5 range. (approximately)

1/2 OF 128 Teams = 64. The above teams would have 4 teams in the G5 half and 8 team in the P5 half. The average would be 53 which is well within the P5 groupings. There would be argument enough to consider this conference as a P6 conference.

On the waiting list would be:

75 Colorado State (MWC)
77. East Carolina (AAC)

While staying with the Independents remains my number 1 choice until such time as we can get into a P5 conference, no other option comes close for me to the new conference option with the possibility of becoming a P6 conference member.

As a back up plan, It is my belief that our AD should be working on this alternate plan, if indeed, he believes that being an Independent is not an option during the long run. Of course our number one choice is to be in a power conference, be it in a P5 or P6 conference.

Please: Think of names for this new conference that would make the majority of these teams in this new conference happy. Post your names for not only the conference, but also for the two divisions of this conference.