Illinois destroyed BYU both inside and out

Right on, BYU couldn't score when they had to.

Harold, thanks for taking the time to dive into the Zags minutes/game.

The great Karnowski has lost a lot of weight and the way he distributes the ball makes him special and the zags very tough.

GU, especially SMC have tons more experience in their respective teams but it has to be obvious that BYU is at a large disadvantage when it comes to the “revolving door” of missions. If you are not Tylar Haws or Eric Mika, who are exceptions, it is going to take a full year to get the body back to where it was pre mission.

How in the world would Mika stay if he is a 1st rounder? You can’t pass up 60 million guaranteed or is it 90?

If he is not a 1st rounder, I agree with you guys that he should stay but as of today, Mika is knocking down those 10 footers pretty consistently, the one thing the scouts have mentioned he needs to work on.

The elite programs (eg. Duke) often have players leave after one year to enter the NBA. It isn’t so unsettling for the elite programs to lose a great player because they can just re-load the next year. We BYU fans see so few of these types of players that we want to hang on to them as long as we can. Mika is probably a “one in a decade” player and could even be a “one in two decades” talent for BYU. If Mika leaves, expect BYU fans (me included) to be drowning our sorrows in our caffeine-free diet Coke for awhile.

1 Like

Mika still has some things to work on before he is NBA ready and I’m sure he would agree with that. He is achieving much through pure desire and hustle, but the NBA is a different animal as numerous BYU greats can testify to. Another year at BYU will only make him better-unless of course he gets injured. Mika will return next year-then wave goodbyes .

Did Shawn Bradley (SB) did the right thing after his first year of play, err after his mission? Who is better Mika or SB after college bb? Yes SB is 7’6" and Mika is 6’10" is a different thing. SB should of play another year at the Y but decided taking the bait. NBA scout said Mika needs to do better and he should play through all 4 years. Just ask SG about Bill Walton - he was smart to stay all 4 years.
Yeah, I know NBA today is a lot different than back in the 80’s but so what. I won’t be watching NBA once Mika go there. NBA or was it Sacramento, or Chicago, or NO and NY Knick ruined it on Jimmer.

It’s so fun having Mika playing well but I wish our team would calm down and play smart. Well, ManChilds “WOW”!