Interesting Quote by Kalani

“I think everybody thinks the easy answer is just to get another quarterback in there. How about let’s just protect for him first? And you know, give him a chance,” Sitake said when he was asked if either he or offensive coordinator Aaron Roderick talked about making a change.

“When he is getting hit, that’s not his fault. That’s a protection (issue). We had issues with the protection breaking down,” Sitake said. “He was managing the game the way we wanted him to.”

BYU football: Will BYU quarterback Kedon Slovis be benched? - Deseret News

Even Kalani now sees how bad the O-Line coach is.

In the first half of the TTU game we were creative and had a flow going. Since then, not a single creative offensive play. Boring and predictable. Tough passes usually caught are dropped. Along with that, passes that a D1 should be made accurately are off by a couple of feet or a lot more.

On top of that, the punt and kickoff teams aren’t assignment sound giving up big plays.

Defense can’t do it all. But sometimes on any given day the team you play is just better.

[quote=“Floyd_Edwards, post:1, topic:9921”]
“I think everybody thinks the easy answer is just to get another quarterback in there. How about let’s just protect for him first? And you know, give him a chance,” Sitake said when he was asked if either he or offensive coordinator Aaron Roderick talked about making a change.

My two cents: by midseason teams have enough film on your team to pick a part everything you do well or bad. Creative coaches add new wrinkles to plays and if you’re an average coach, you’re gonna get destroyed. I am not a big A-Rod guy for that simple reason. I have not seen any improvement all season long. Byu still cannot generate enough offense to win any games.

2 Likes

True. However, I’m with Matich on this one. There were opportunities but the OL either couldn’t block or the ball was tipped with open receivers. One when Slovis was scrambling out and didn’t get it over the defender. The offense has to have quicker plays to start the game. Screens and faster pace.

Robbins is big but from what I’ve Sean, Martin has better moves and better peripheral vision. It’s why he breaks long runs. Hope he’s healthy Saturday.

If we aren’t scoring by halftime, put in the guy who’s been redshirting because he’s really mobile. Although, Slovis had a couple of good runs. Let him run a lot more.