It's Jimmer Time.....again

BYU Legend Jimmer Fredette Is Going Viral For His Performance At The FIBA 3×3 World Cup (msn.com)

Jimmer should have had a productive NBA career. The only reason he didn’t is because he was out of step with the NBA culture. The NBA was woke before woke was a common term and Jimmer didn’t fit in. I don’t think he would have been an all star but there is no reason he couldn’t have had a JJ Redick type career.

The last shot he got was the Knicks and Kurt Rambis refused to play him and openly stated he would not play him. The Knicks had no guards and were not going to the playoffs. What did Rambis have to lose? Nothing but some meaningless games. The whole thing smelled to high heavens. I think a lot of people just didn’t want him in the league. I lost all respect for Rambis. I don’t follow the NBA and don’t know if he is even in the league anymore.

I don’t respect most of the coaches either. Guys like Steve Kerr and Greg Popovich will rightfully be hall of fame coaches but their politics are progressive and destructive. I have nothing but contempt for their left wing views. Just keep your politics to yourself and coach.

Good for Jimmer!! His treatment by the NBA has been a sore spot for me. I had actually lost interest in the NBA after Stockton and Malone retired but I would have watched Jimmer.

1 Like

I have many of the same sentiments but I have really enjoyed watching Nikola Jokic. I had been a lifelong Laker fan, having attended games as a kid when Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain played in the fabulous forum. I was a big fan of the Magic era as well, liked Kobe because he was dedicated and worked hard but have almost completely lost interest with the arrival of Lebron. When the Nuggets swept the Lakers I had no problem with it. In fact I was hoping that would happen.

Why?

Because I love Jokic. He is what a NBA player should be. I love every facet of his game and I hope the Nuggets win the championship just because he is on their team.

I didn’t like the smug circular reasoning behind not giving him a chance. Jimmer won’t play, because he can’t play defense in the NBA. How do we know? Because they wouldn’t play him because he can’t play defense. His defense is at least as good as many current NBA players.

It’s called practice. In practice, it’s obvious if someone can play defense. Not just on ball. But off ball and the team’s defense. Now, even with that said, in the NBA, I’d rather see his offense in a game situation too. However, if a player isn’t successful in practice, they won’t see much playing time either.

Not sure what the resistance with Labron has been. 20 years with few injuries and passing up Kareem. But, I too haven’t been a James fan.

He takes games off, even when he is playing. So many times during the playoffs he would be on the floor but not actually engaged and playing the game. It was like he doesn’t/didn’t care. He is a relatively selfish player and he talks too much about social and political issues. I know several long time Laker fans who aren’t happy with Lebron on the team.

The Lakers should draft his kid, let them play together for a year and then send him packing.

Oh no!!! You mean they take a day off of work? Those lazy slobs! Don’t they know they are indentured servitude employees!

Some players connect with crowds. I just never felt like he tried here in LA. To give him some credit, he came in taking the place of Kobe Bryant. KB connected with LA fans. That’s a tough act to follow.
When Wilt came to LA, he wasn’t replacing greatness and a player whom the fans loved. When Magic showed up, he had greatness to fit in with. So, not a fair comparison in my opinion.

He takes games off, even when he is playing.

Just trying to make it as simple for you as I can. I quoted you and I quoted what I said again. They work for a couple hours 3 or 4 days a week. The rest of the time they are watching game film or “practicing”. Lebron gets paid half a million for every game during the season whether he plays in it or not. He takes games off for “rest” or because he has some minor, perceived injury. He takes games off and gives a lackluster effort at times when he is on the floor, particularly did so during the playoffs. The one half where he actually put in some serious effort the Lakers were up 15 at halftime vs. Denver and then he disappeared the second half. My point is well made with facts and observational evidence.

Any argument contrary to this by you has little to no bearing on the truth so don’t waste your time.

It’s your observations. So, I can take it with a grain of salt :rofl:
Yes, he was working when watching film and at practice. 20 years is a long time. He was never flashy. He simply produced and passes Kareem.

I haven’t hardly watched the NBA during the Lebron era. I haven’t seen him enough to judge if he is selfish or not. His stats and NBA titles would indicate he is one of the best ever but I can’t pull for a guy who sided with the Chinese Communists when a coach called out the Chinese for their human rights abuses. I don’t remember who the guy was but Lebron said he was going to cost a lot of people billions of dollars. In addition to that he is woke.

Lebron is like a lot jocks and entertainers. Thinks his views outside sports is something the average person should put some great stock in because he is great in sports. His opinion is no more important than the opinion of a carpenter or a plumber.

Why bring Bron into a Jimmer discussion? Seriously?

The dislike for Bron in not his game. He should be considered in the All Time greatest convo… The problem with Bron is his mouth and insecurities. Like so many Hollywood elites, Bron has a lot of haters because he is a basketball player who thinks he is the answer for everything and he is going to tell you all about it.

Looks like Reed beat me to the punch. hahaha.

Aro came up with talking about the NBA and Jimmer. Jim Hawks came up with LaBron, not me…

Amen. couldn’t say it any better.These jokers just don’t think. 50% of us are offended that they spew their doctrine of climate change or inclusivity when all they should ever do is just coach. I will say that Kerr has been smart about letting Thompson and Curry do their thing and surround them with key players like Drymond Green. even I could be a HOF with that cast.

Hopper, you brought Bron up, nobody else. And When you get caught making stuff up, just own it.

He did not “bring up” Lebron, he said he had not watched the Lakers since Lebron started with the team.
As a passing statement of time period.

You are the one that started using Lebron comparison with Jimmer.

No I did not. Look back several posts. At the beginning, Jim introduced LeBron into this thread. Are you able to look back? This from 3 days ago after Aro posted:

JCoug

3d

I have many of the same sentiments but I have really enjoyed watching Nikola Jokic. I had been a lifelong Laker fan, having attended games as a kid when Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain played in the fabulous forum. I was a big fan of the Magic era as well, liked Kobe because he was dedicated and worked hard but have almost completely lost interest with the arrival of LeBron. When the Nuggets swept the Lakers I had no problem with it. In fact I was hoping that would happen.

You do understand the meaning of “In passing” remark? Right?

Apparently NOT!

Definition of “in passing remark”:

A passing mention or reference is brief and is made while you are talking or writing about something else.

That is what Jim was doing, your post was more about Lebron than talking about Jim talking about enjoying watching “the Joker”.

I wasn’t responding to you. I responded to Fish.

I was the first to mention Lebron and Floyd is right, it was a passing comment. I was really referring to Jokic, whom I happen to like as a player because he plays basketball the way it should be played and talkis about his family being more important than basketball.

That was all.

The problem always arises because Hopper has to find something to disagree with. He likes Lebron, I don’t so much. Is he one of the greatest basketball players ever? Yes, he is. But that is it, nothing more. I don’t think he has done much for the Lakers. and that was evident when they were swept by the Nuggets.

Wilt was the greatest of all time.
As far as a passing comment? Nah, you wanted to talk about him.