Jarom Jordon@jaromjordon posted on Cougar Sports wire something that disturbs me

You are right about the course BYU must take to be successful against top P5 teams. Alabama, Ohio and Clemson have so many 4 and 5 star recruits out of high school that more than a few will sit on the bench most of the season. We won’t be getting those, but what about searching for that overlooked but enthusiastic player who fits well at BYU and is willing to learn and work to become great. I wish there was a way to alert BYU recruiters when you see someone like that. We have one in Salem, Oregon who will play his senior year at Sprague HS this fall that I believe fits that criteria, but who can I contact? Just asking…

Hi Bob,
Nice to see you posting again.
Ron

Dew, I like your postings. Thank you. I understand the beating and losses that we will be experiencing during our first 4 GAMES vs P5 teams. We play only 4 P5 teams while P5 conference teams play 9 P5 teams each season.

So, do we want to become a P5 conference team playing 9 P5 teams per season, with the injuries that comes with the territory, or do we want to remain a G5 team with fewer injuries? What dose our coaches want? What do the players want? What do the fans want?

The fact is that becoming a P5 conference team, has a price tag attached to it. Nothing is free. The cost along the way will always be injuries, not only for our team, but for all teams that we play. So what do we want?

dew, I know that you already know everything that I just said. I was just sounding off some frustrations that you, myself, and most everyone else on this site has. We all wish that we could have P5 status free without paying the price. Nothing is free.

TexCoug. It is nice hearing from you again.

For me, it is not, (not all together), how many of the first P5 teams of the season, that we will win, but instead, what is important to me, is that we are leaning how to play vs P5 teams.

We can not expect to be ready, should a P5 invite to a P5 conference ever come, if we are not prepared. The best way to be prepared, is by having the actual experience of playing P5 teams.

Foot ball is a sport where injuries are expected. Each player knows this and they are willing to take the chance.

The players are willing to train in order to reduce the risk of injuries, yet they know that the possibility of injure will always exist in this sport. They choose to take the risk. Football is important enough to them to take the risk.

While leaning how to play 4 P5 teams in a season, (win or lose), (injuries or not), the teams that are already in a P5 conference, must play 9 P5 teams each season. We can’t get the needed experience needed if we don’t play the games required in order to get that needed experience.

Tex Coug, it will not take as long to get an invitation into a P5 conference if we consistently play 4 or more P5 teams per season showing a continued improvement with a certain percentage of wins while showing ourselves to be competitive, in the games that we lose to a P5 team, as it would take for us to get into a P5 conference from a position of being in a G5 conference playing a G5 normal schedule.

No pain no gain.

Of course we should become P5 no matter what. We know once we join the P5 league, BYU will get something big that we couldn’t get before. Like: more quality players (yeah 5/4 star), better coaches (bring in Kyle Whitingham), TV Exposers (including BYUtv), etc.

Yes we play some 4 or up to 6 P5 each of those Indy (since 2011 - 2025) years. And P5 teams play 9 games but not all are like Bama or THE Ohio State. When or IF we do join P5, then we will have more 5/4 star players coming to BYU.

It would be great (2019) that none of our players get hurt after this Washington game would be a bonus (I can pray about it right?).

If we join Pac 12 (becoming 16) we will have half of those schools would be more better than those other half in this league.
I think this LittleXII will fall apart on the next big change.

INJURIES: That is how it is like always. Some team will be lucky, while other team - not so lucky.

Wow texcoug !!!

Maybe we should join the Sun Belt Conference.

We could probably win more games and have fewer injuries.

Also, we would probably have less clean up to do in our stadiums and refreshment areas. Those that don’t attend the stadium to watch those games probably won’t have to give up their precious time to watch the games on TV, Unless we watch them on BYUtv, the games will probably not be shown. If we can’t get enough sponsors to pay for the BYUtv time, we might watch some water sports. or we can go to the movies. Fewer athletes would be hurt if we just give up the violent game of football.

It was embarrassing how we played and not getting beyond 50 yard line against LSU. That was a big let down to our program. And same to losing to Michigan too.

Dew,

Too many teams in the Pac 12 are angry with us, for our outspoken views of the LGBTQ community. Too many P5 teams would vote against our inclusion. Just as important as our need to practice playing and being successful on the field, vs P5 teams, is our attitude
and our lack of social grace in communicating our attitude vs the LGBTC community.

I live in Pac 12 country near USC and UCLA. One of my daughters live in Washington,
(Washington and Washington St.) while very close friends live in Oregon and Oregon State communities.

I have attended games at both Stanford and Cal Berkey. We are not liked or respected among the fans of those teams, mostly because of how we talk about the LGBTC community.

I agree, but it was thrilling how we played vs. Wisconsin, Texas, Oklahoma, UCLA at Provo, and a lot more P5 teams. We have had up and down years. We may be wounded now, but we are far from being dead.

I know what you are saying about our culter vs PAC12 world. I am not holding my breath about getting in to PAC League. We don’t get in the P5 then we either stay at Indy or create a new G5. Don’t bite me if I said that about going back to G5 League which I don’t want it to happen.
LittleXII won’t be around when Oklahoma, OSU and Texas moving on to either PAC, B10 or SEC.
Anyway, 49 more days or 7 more weeks to go for 1st game.

2017 was a bad season, end of story.

dew,

I would never bite you. I agree most of the time, with most of what you post.

Every since going independent, I have dreamed about the possibility of forming a new
G5 conference.

That new G5 conference would have admission requirements of being a powerhouse among all G5 teams.

I would want BYU, Boise State, USF, along with the strongest of all other G5 teams from all G5 conferences.

The intent would be, to form a new P6 Conference strong enough to not be denied as a Power Conference.

Yes, of course, ND would be invited, but that invitation being accepted, would be too much to hope for unless we game ND cart blanc to do virtually anything they wanted to do, i.e. Separate TV Contracts, Separate Bowl tie ins, non sharing of revenue. Their only requirement would be that they play, 9 teams from the conference each season and the other 3 teams may be whom ever they choose. Just possibly then, they might show some interest. They would virtually be Independent within our Conference. They would lose nothing financially. They would have everything to gain with nothing to lose.

In my opinion, it would be worth it to let them have their way. It is my opinion that with them as an addition, it would be next to impossible to not recognize us as a P6 conference.

The price of letting ND do what they want, would be the price of admission into the P6 conference world. I think that it would be worth it.

No team, even those in P-5 conferences ever plays 9 P-5 games.

I’m sorry texcoug.

Each and Every P5 conference team plays a minimum of 9 P teams, with the other 3 games being G5 teams.

I picked at random, from the Pac 12, three teams.
1.) Washington 9 P5 teams (plus us) and two other G5 teams.
2.) Oregon 10 P5 teams + 2 G5 teams
3.) Stanford 11 P5 teama + 1 G5 team.

If you would like, I will get the rest of the Pac 12 schedule for you. Perhaps USC on our schedule, and Utah Utes on our schedule should be the next showing, but for now, look at what we have:

Washington Huskies 2019 Football Schedule 9 P5 teams + 3 G5 teams.

Date Opponent Home/Road
Aug. 31 Eastern Washington* Home
Sep. 7 California Home
Sep. 14 Hawaii* Home
Sep. 21 BYU* Road
Sep. 28 USC Home
Oct. 5 Stanford Road
Oct. 12 Arizona Road
Oct. 19 Oregon Home
Oct. 26 BYE
Nov. 2 Utah Home
Nov. 8 Oregon State Road
Nov. 16 BYE
Nov. 23 Colorado Road
Nov. 29 Washington State Home
Dec. 6 Pac-12 Championship Santa Clara

Oregon Ducks 10 P5 teams + 2 G5 teams

• Aug. 31 – at Auburn (AT&T Stadium) – W
  • Sept. 7 – vs. Nevada – W
  • Sept. 14 – vs. Montana – W
  • Sept. 21 – at Stanford – W
  • Oct. 5 – vs. California – W
  • Oct. 11 – vs. Colorado – W
  • Oct. 19 – at Washington – W
  • Oct. 26 – vs. Washington State – W
  • Nov. 2 – at USC – W
  • Nov. 16 – vs. Arizona – W
  • Nov. 23 – at Arizona State – W
  • Nov. 30 – vs. Oregon State – W

Stanford 11 P5 Teams + 1 strong G5 team

8/3/19 Northwestern

9/7/19 USC

9/14 G5 team UCF

9/21 Oregon

9/28 Oregon St.

10/5 Washington

10/12 off

10/17 UCLA

10/26 Az

11/2 off

11/9 Colorado

11/16 Wash St

11/23 Cal

11/30 ND

Not a reply, but adding the schedule, the other two P5 Pac 12 teams that we play.
Utah Utes and USC.

Utah Utes play 9 P5 teams (plus us) + 1 G5 team _ Idaho St.

PROVO, UTAH
TV: ESPN

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
TV: PAC-12 NETWORKS

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

LOS ANGELES, CALIF.
TV: FS1

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

CORVALLIS, ORE.

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

SEATTLE, WASH.

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

TUCSON, ARIZ.

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

SANTA CLARA, CALIF.
TV: ABC

Utah Utes, a P5 Pac 12 team that is on our schedule:

9 P5 teams (plus us) plus 1 G5 team, + Idaho St.

2019 Football Schedule

Scheduled Games

PROVO, UTAH
TV: ESPN

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

LOS ANGELES, CALIF.
TV: FS1

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

CORVALLIS, ORE.

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

SEATTLE, WASH.

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

TUCSON, ARIZ.

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

SANTA CLARA, CALIF.
TV: ABC

Season: 2008200920102011201220132014201520162017201820192020202120222023202420252026

2019 USC Football Schedule
Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Saturday

Aug. 31 Fresno State Bulldogs

LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA 10:30pm ET

ESPN Buy Tickets
Saturday

Sep. 7 Stanford Cardinal

LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA 10:30pm ET

ESPN Buy Tickets
Saturday

Sep. 14 at BYU Cougars